Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you take your sick kid to a sitter if.....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
  • 9 Replies
Okay, say your sitter is sick and her child is sick. The sitter told you that they are sick and you still chose to bring your child, resulting in your child getting sick and you getting sick. Would you take your sick child to the sitters so that you could could go home and "relax"? Keeping in mind the sitter is sick, 20 weeks pregnant, the sitters child is sick, and now she is watching your sick child.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momma2b2008
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM
No! That's rude!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3greatkids751
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM
No. If your child gets sick she may not watch the child resulting in you missing work..if you get sick unless u tough it out you will miss work as well.. I just think it's a bad idea all around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM

If I was that sitter, I would not have told the mom to keep her kid away so we didn't infect them with our ick.

Current CM Rank:      Queen of AWESOME

FOLLOW THE AWESOMESAUCE @ RandomNinja - Writer of Wrongs (Kicking motherhood's ass since 1999)

Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM

My sitter was like family.  If she was sick, her husband would have been watching her kid and mine. If her kid was sick, odds are good mine would get it.  I would bring my sick child only if both my wasbund and I both HAD to work. And one of us would duck out early and work from home.

angi07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM
That's rude and irresponsible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Nope, but my child wouldn't have gone to the sick sitter in the first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetgrlangel
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM
No I'd see if family was willing to watch my kid. A few times I was so sick I had to find someone willing to not only watch them but to come pick them up cause I literally couldn't get out of bed. My husbands had to find child care so he could work cause I was so sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM
This. Its completely irresponsible to take your healthy child to house where it is known to have at least 2 people sick. The mother had to have KNOWN her child would end up getting sick. She created that situation, she should have to deal with it.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Nope, but my child wouldn't have gone to the sick sitter in the first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

No.  I wouldn't for two reasons....  a) she's pregnant so I wouldn't want to risk the sitter getting more sick from my child.  b) I wouldn't want to risk my child getting sicker OR getting sick myself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)