• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cost Of Freedom

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://dalesdesigns.net/valor.htm

Generations of Valor

This picture is worth 1000 Million Words (minimum!)

We truly take a lot for granted.

Forget the football 'heroes', and movie 'stars' and Michael Jackson.

Pass this on so that all may know the price of freedom...

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,

Jesus Christ and a Soldier.

One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerebelly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM

bump

Livv066
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM

bump

Piskie
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Way to disregard the sacrifices of all the non christian soldiers that have also fought and died for your freedom.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Quoting Piskie:

Way to disregard the sacrifices of all the non christian soldiers that have also fought and died for your freedom.

This is for ALL of those men and women who served our country and still are:)

Piskie
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Piskie:

So why disregard the beliefs of a lot of those soldiers? Many believe in Allah, think on Buddha, meditate on the elements as Pagan... Jesus is a defining force only in your religion, not theirs.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Piskie:

So why disregard the beliefs of a lot of those soldiers? Many believe in Allah, think on Buddha, meditate on the elements as Pagan... Jesus is a defining force only in your religion, not theirs.

That's what I believe so that's what I posted, but this post is a tribuite to ALL those who serve.

mackQuin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Piskie:

i hate the things like the OP posted but i think you are reading it wrong.

Only two forces have died for you Jesus Christ and a solider. I don't think its talking about "only" christian soliders..but soliders who have died in general.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Quoting mackQuin:

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Piskie:

i hate the things like the OP posted but i think you are reading it wrong.

Only two forces have died for you Jesus Christ and a solider. I don't think its talking about "only" christian soliders..but soliders who have died in general.

Yes, you're right, thank you.

Piskie
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Piskie:

That's what I believe so that's what I posted, but this post is a tribuite to ALL those who serve.

Fair enough... but would you like your profession to be involved in a religion you disagreed with, as if all of you believed that?

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Piskie:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Piskie:

Fair enough... but would you like your profession to be involved in a religion you disagreed with, as if all of you believed that?

Thank you, That's why we all have the freedom to choose what we believe and that's one of the freedoms that our military has fought for and still are fighting for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)