Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IRS spam email

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
  • 13 Replies
Anyone else getting this stupid SPAM ?

Dear Taxpayer!

Herewith we are informing you, that you are subject to a penalty because you did not file income tax return prior to January 31, 2012.

Please note, that IRS [Section 6038(b)(1)] determines a pecuniary penalty to the amount of $10,000 for each [Form 5471] that is sent on the expiry of the deadline of the income tax return, or does not comprise the thorough data described in [Section 6038(a)].

No penalty will be imposed on the stipulation that the company shows that the failure to file on time was based on ample grounds.

Get inside our official site to obtain more information.

Kind regards,
Internal Revenue Service United States
Department of the Treasury
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mychele
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM

if you do get this... please report it to the IRS by hitting " Forward" and sending it to phishing@irs.gov

kansasmom1978
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM

The IRS does not send emails. They only send their nice you owe us money through the snail mail.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Not yet, but thanks!
Mychele
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Correct ! Not everyone knows this. The email is "phishing" for your personal information to steal your identity. I posted this to make others aware this is SPAM. Do not click on the links, just forward it to the IRS email addy I provided. I found it on the IRS website. 

Quoting kansasmom1978:

The IRS does not send emails. They only send their nice you owe us money through the snail mail.

kansasmom1978
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM

ANY email that is asking for personal information is phishing.  Even the ones that look like they are from your bank.  If it asks for DOB, SSN, full name, location or anything else like that DO NOT RESPOND TO IT

Quoting Mychele:

Correct ! Not everyone knows this. The email is "phishing" for your personal information to steal your identity. I posted this to make others aware this is SPAM. Do not click on the links, just forward it to the IRS email addy I provided. I found it on the IRS website. 

Quoting kansasmom1978:

luce1977
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM

BUMP!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I saw that in my spam folder but did not open it. Only an idiot would think it was really from the IRS.

mk13
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Sadly, people fall for this shit all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I haven't but I just checked my spam folder and I had loads of emails telling me how to enlarge my penis.

O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Do you need to enlarge your penis ?

Quoting epoh:

I haven't but I just checked my spam folder and I had loads of emails telling me how to enlarge my penis.

O.o

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)