Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm a horrible mom but this drives me crazy; nails on a chalkboard crazy. lol

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM
  • 39 Replies

my 10 year old daughter will tell you something so simple but she drags it out. here is just an example of what she does:

her: oh. mom i forgot to tell you.

<pause>

me: what?

her: ooooooook. we were sitting in class, and (insert teacher's name) passed out notes about no tutoring because of conferences and we were sitting in class and......<pause> ok..wait. we were sitting in class and she passed out these notes and then she said she would give a note about.......ok......wait... <pause>

me: Would you spit it out?

her: ok. she said she woudl pass out notes becuase tutoring was cancelled that the notes would say because of no tutoring thaaaaaaaaat <pause> ummm.

me: WHAT!?!

her:..ummmm that she would do the tutoring.

seriously had a 15 minute converstation over something that only took like 2 minutes.

drives me insane. i think she does it becuase she knows it drives me insane. lol

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:51 AM
3 moms liked this

lol....My youngest does that..I nicknamed her "short story". Sadly, she got it from her dad, affectionately called "long story". 

luvmymonkeys27
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM

lol my three yr old DS does that... except there's a lot more babbling, and part of the time I don't understand what he was saying anyway... lol

KayLundy3
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Oh Geeze! That would drive me nuts too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ojaj2005
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
My brother is like that. Lol. Drives me crazy, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

When my neice was about 5 she did the same thing one day, but she was eating lunch and I said 'Catie, can you just spit it out' and she spit out her grilled cheese and said 'ok, now what?' this made me think of that and laugh... it drives me nuts too!!

dawnjohnson5
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

My 4 y/o does that.

The first time I told her to "spit it out", she did.  She spit all over the floor. Lol

TarotMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Lol!

Quoting km1970:

lol....My youngest does that..I nicknamed her "short story". Sadly, she got it from her dad, affectionately called "long story". 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky7chipmunk
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM

My SD is 10 and is the same way. It drives me crazy! It seems to take a longer time to tell a story when my twins are crying. lol.  Sometime she makes the stories so funny but other times I wish she could get to the point.  I am glad she can be so creative, her brother is 9 and his stories are like 3 words long. lol they need to meet in the middle

kansasmom1978
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Good grief.  Before long she won't talk to you at all.  Enjoy the interaction.

Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM

my ds10 is SOOOOOOOO like that lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)