• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH has taught at the high school for ten years now. This is by far my favorite story.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM
  • 33 Replies

My husband teaches at a vocational high school. He worked in the automotive department for several years. They have the freshman take every shop for two weeks to see which one they want to take. That means you get everyone, even kids with absolutely no mechanical skills. lol

He finally got one of my favorite student
s. I worked there too for a while before I had kids. Amy was her name and I had caught her skipping class so often it was ridiculous. Anyway, she comes up to my husband half way through class and says that her friend drank some "monoxide" and wants to know if he thinks she will be okay because she feels sick. He asked "monoxide, what the heck is that? Where is she?" She said that she did it earlier and she wasn't in the class. He told her that carbon monoxide was a gas and you can get sick from breathing it but he didn't know what monoxide she was talking about that you could drink. He told her that her friend really needs to tell the nurse so she can figure it out.

A little while later Amy comes up to him and tells him that SHE was the one that drank it. He still has no clue what she is talking about. He had another student walk with her to the nurse. The nurse calls a while later, she has poison control on the line and wants to know what she drank. Dh says he doesn't know. "Did she drink it in the shop?" The nurse said "yes, she says the can is orange and it is in the trash" He glances into the trash can and pulls out a can of Moxie soda.

She had stolen a can of my husband's soda and it tastes like crap. After she took a big gulp, she thought that maybe it wasn't soda but some kind of automotive stuff. He told the nurse to let her sweat it out for a bit and then send her to discipline for going into his cabinet and stealing his stuff. Maybe they could have her practice her reading skills.

The moral of the story, behave if you are not the brightest bulb because you are going to get caught.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starryeyez23
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Lmao. That's fantastic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hfs1998
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM

lol!  Typical!  My dh is a high school principal and I hear stories like that way too often.  :)

Lishes

That's funny.

TarotMommy
LMAO!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Bahaha Too funny!!

I've never heard of Moxie soda though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Lol... I would of played along with it for a while too. It amazes how so many burned out bulbs in this world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryGirl0809
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Ahahaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stefvan

LOL  Kids! 

Mrs.VanDeKamp

lmao!!!! oh that is great, lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)