Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mandatory reporters

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
CM sure has a lot of them. Just an observation...

What job do you have to do to be one? Just curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatiana7
by Princess on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM
You mean besides being a "know it all"?

Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mschwab3360
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM
drug & alcohol counselors in my state are mandated reporters, so are teachers, those are the two I know for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Technically I am. I am a LPN, but a SAHM now. I have never reported anyone though. Luckily I haven't had a reason too. I always thought it was only mandatory if it was something that I witnessed or suspected with one of my patients though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Yep. I'm an LPN, so I'm obligated to report any suspected abuse of my patients. Don't have to prove it, just have to suspect it. Legally, I don't think it extends past my patients. And, I've not had to report anyone either. 

Quoting toopicky429:

Technically I am. I am a LPN, but a SAHM now. I have never reported anyone though. Luckily I haven't had a reason too. I always thought it was only mandatory if it was something that I witnessed or suspected with one of my patients though.

DaiTilley
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I'm a mandated reporter as well. Got that way by being an MHP for a medicaid-funded nonprofit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassyscorpio85
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I am a CNA. I am a state mandated reported and I have had to report.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
So a mandatory reporter is like a teacher, anyone in the medical field, etc that deals with children and suspects abuse?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM
It doesn't have to be children. Adult protective services can also be reported to.

Quoting nancym3:

So a mandatory reporter is like a teacher, anyone in the medical field, etc that deals with children and suspects abuse?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I'm not. My mil is though. She works for a company that helps under privileged kids in Syracuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Doctors, teachers, daycare workers, are all mandated.  Idk who else. I used to work at a daycare so at one point I was a mandated reporter.  I would report even if I wasn't a mandated reporter though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)