• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher suprising kids with gifts!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 14 Replies

My daughter likes cookies.  Her nicnake is Cookie everyone is well aware of her addiction to cookies.  Once a week she has an afterschool club that she attends.  They do things like organzing school activits and what not.   There is a teacher present.  Yesterday she comes home from school and opens her bookbag and finds a pack of cookies.  There is about 20-25 cookies in the pack.  She had no idea how they got there but knows they did belong to the teacher.  She assumed one of her friends swiped them and stuck them in her bag for her.  She decided to not open them and was going to bring them back to the teacher.  But she goes on facebook a lil while later and the teacher left a post on a her friends wall saying he Hopes Madalyn enjoyed his present to her.    Idk something  just seems creepy about that.  I'm probably reading too much into it and am trying to convince myself he just noticed they were missing and assumed she took them.  I do plan on asking him later today.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Maybe it was his way of thanking/rewarding her for doing something special. I would send an email thanking him and asking what the special occasion was. FYI...my dad always called me Cookie (still does) and now DD is Little Cookie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan262
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I think something doesn't sound quite right about all of that.  I would investigate too if I were you.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

That would make sense but why not just givet them to her in class. why sneak them in her book bag and then just leave a mssage on her friends wall saying hope she enjoyed his gift to her.  there was no oh hey great job or thank you  or anything like that.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Maybe it was his way of thanking/rewarding her for doing something special. I would send an email thanking him and asking what the special occasion was. FYI...my dad always called me Cookie (still does) and now DD is Little Cookie.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I just got that creepy vibe.  The thing is this is on the heels of another incident.  A cpl weeks ago the kids were working on organizing the school dance.  The children were suppose to go to his classroom during lunch. However the boys were sent away and only the girls (3 of them) were let in his room. I had a problem with that and spoke with him right away. he explained it becasue t he 3  girls were in the club last year with a diff teacher and they knew what needed to be done to organize the dance and they are the only returning members and they were just going over what they had done the  previous year. 

Quoting Susan262:

I think something doesn't sound quite right about all of that.  I would investigate too if I were you.

EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM

That's very sweet :) I would email him though and ask him about it anyway.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I'm actually going to see him later to talk about my son who has him for a teacher.   The thing is I know this guy.  We went to HS together and we were not friends but knew eachother.

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

That's very sweet :) I would email him though and ask him about it anyway.

momma2b2008
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM
The whole situation gave me a bad feeling. And with this I would be keeping an eye on him and keeping good detailed notes on this guy! That's just plain creepy!

Quoting Msgme:

I just got that creepy vibe.  The thing is this is on the heels of another incident.  A cpl weeks ago the kids were working on organizing the school dance.  The children were suppose to go to his classroom during lunch. However the boys were sent away and only the girls (3 of them) were let in his room. I had a problem with that and spoke with him right away. he explained it becasue t he 3  girls were in the club last year with a diff teacher and they knew what needed to be done to organize the dance and they are the only returning members and they were just going over what they had done the  previous year. 

Quoting Susan262:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM

That does seem very strange....and why is a teacher on his students' friends list? I wouldn't like that. 

And the thing about the dance committee or whatever bothers me too. The reason he gave just doesn't make sense...why wouldn't he want the new members in on the plans? 

How old are these kids?

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

alot of the kids have some of the teachers as friends on fb.  I do not allow my children to be friends with adults that are not family or at the least old family friends.   The meeting They had and only had the girls they just went over the list of things that he needed to do.  The meeting lasted about 15 minutes and according to my dd they discussed only the stuff they had done the previous  meeting. every other meeting involved the entire group.  Even tho creep meter went off he had a plausable explanation  and until the cookies there have been no other signs of creepiness.  And they are 13.

Quoting sissyboogs:

That does seem very strange....and why is a teacher on his students' friends list? I wouldn't like that. 

And the thing about the dance committee or whatever bothers me too. The reason he gave just doesn't make sense...why wouldn't he want the new members in on the plans? 

How old are these kids?

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I have no idea if you are over reacting or if this teacher has bad intentions. So I will just say go with your gut. If you think the situation is shady, then you need to have a talk with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)