• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quit scaring my child!!! ARGH

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 2 Replies

So every morning for the past two weeks my daughter has been walking herself to the bus stop. I have been talking to her about watching for cars while crossing the street and she honestly knows better to not cross the street when any vehicle is approaching. But in addition, I will either stand on the porch...the bus stop is literally across the street, or I will walk her to the end of the sidewalk and let her cross the street on her own. And there are plenty of other children that walk themselves to the bus stop each morning as well, there is usually one parent or two at the bus stop and this morning...I was on my porch watching my daughter and a mom jumps out and yells for her not to cross because there was a car coming...needless to say it freaked out my daughter and she started to get scared and cried....the car was nearly half a block down the street and didn't even approach the stop sign yet...I swear, how on earth do you teach your kids some independence and responsibility when other parents are out there to scare the crap out of them!!! So I am going back to walking her to the bus stop...this has been the second time this mom has done this and my daughter gets scared when adults react that way towards her....and my daughter was stopped on the sidewalk looking both ways when the mom freaked....geez...

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
WhitleyLyles
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Uhhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Instead of being mad, I'd be grateful someone was concerned for my DD. In our neighborhood, we all watch out for each other's kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)