• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be upset if......

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM
  • 47 Replies
My husband works 3pm to 11 pm shift. So add in a half hour of drive time he gets home at 1130. I stay up to let him in. And see how his night went so I am up till about 12 to 1 am before I go to sleep. I then turn around and wake up every morning at 630 to get the kids to school and have to stay up all day running off coffee.

My question is would you be upset if your husband stayed up till 3 sometime 5 o clock in the morning and gets mad at you when you wake him up at 8 to run the kids to school (keep in mind this is the only time they really get to see him except a few hours on the weekend. Then he comes right back home and expects you to let him sleep till 1030 11 o clock.

I get upset cause we hardly get to see him and also I can't do much while he is sleeping cause I have to keep our 4 year old busy and quite till he gets up so what's your opinion ladies?

Ok ladies let's make this clear the man has a key to our house. I stay up to welcome him home and see him for a few mins since that's the only alone time we get. I'm not complaining about staying up to greet him that's my choice what I'm asking is about him staying up so dang late and missing out on our childrens lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy259
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I think you should compromise....Both in bed by 1am you get up and get the kids ready for school and then awake him to take them to school....However just like he chooses to go to bed at 3 or 5 am you are choosing to go to bed  after he gets home...

cLanief
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I'd personally just go to sleep till he came home lol then go back to sleep. But I see nothing wrong with asking him to run kids real quick occasionally if it's been a crap night of sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Why do you stay up to let him in? And yes I think that he should get up to take the kids then be allowed to go back to bed after he gets home from taking them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ohiomomto2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I have the same situation, but I don't make him wake up to get the kids to school lol.  I let him sleep til 11 or 12 on weekdays and as late as 1 on the weekends.  The only time he gets up early is when someone has an early appointment, and I only get minimal complaints.  He stays up pretty late, but I don't mind.  He's the one making the money while I get to stay at home and enjoy the kids.  I have 2 boys at home and they're sometimes loud, but he's learned to sleep through it...  I'm lacking sleep, but I also don't have to go work an 8 to 12 hour work day/night, so I've learned that this is one battle I don't mind losing!

connie45
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM

He probably does need to decompress for a bit after work.   These swing shifts - really mess up a body's internal clock.   I would let him sleep in the morning and tell him in exchange, no more staying up till 5am.  Why cant you take the kids to school?   

binder5
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I don't mind staying up to greet him I have a problem with him staying up till that late and then expecting to sleep all day. I feel we have children and he should help with them. Thank you for your comments
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelNCO
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I would be upset.  I used to work the 2:30 - 11pm shift and my husband worked dayshift.  I got home and went to bed around midnight and got up in the morning to help my hubby with coffee and breakfast and took care of my kids all day until I went to work.  Your husband needs to start doing his share!  JMO

NESmith63
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM
My husband has insomnia. He is taking medication for it but his internal clock is wayyyy messed up. He stays up until at least 2am but sometimes 3 or even 5! Then I have to wake him up at 7:30 to get ready for work and get our son to school. Waking him up is hell sometimes! He is miserable and I have to be mean to get him out of bed.

In your case if your husband is doing it on his own choice then yes I would be mad. I even get mad at my hubby but it's really not his fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I work the 3-11 shift and it messes with you bad. It's hard as hell to just go home and go to sleep. 

I do the same thing so I really wouldn't get mad at him. Yes, you aren't seeing him, but he is working and providing for you. Does he have days off where he can help a little bit. Do you also work?

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM
What time does he go to work?

How many days a week does he work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)