Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Video Cameras

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 12 Replies
Anyone know anything about Video Cameras? My DF and I are lost on what to buy.

My son is turning 6 and has asked for one for his birthday. He's really into making videos. Lol. Its so cute. We want to get him one but I know I don't want one of the Fisher Price ones. I think that would be too kidish for him. He's really technology savvy and he would probably get bored with a kids one.

But I also want one that's going to be easy to use.

Anyone have any suggestions? We are probably going to go out tonight and buy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I would get him a Flip Mino or a Kodak Playtouch. I have gotten both from Cafemom influencer programs and my kids LOVE to use them. They are very straight forward and easy to use.

carter210
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Thank you! That really helps a lot! Are they both about the same?

Quoting SuperPickle:

I would get him a Flip Mino or a Kodak Playtouch. I have gotten both from Cafemom influencer programs and my kids LOVE to use them. They are very straight forward and easy to use.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I think the Kodak is a little better but my flip is about 2 years older, I am not sure if their technology has "advanced" since i  first got it, so it is worth checking out both.

Quoting carter210:

Quoting SuperPickle:

BEXi
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I just bought a Sony HD camcorder with 16GB internal memory for 400. You may not need all that for your son, but it gives you an idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Oh and the Kodak has automatic upload to social sites, I like that. You just push a button and when you plug it in to your computer it automatically uploads it to your prefered site.

carter210
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Thanks! Like I said it helps a lot. We are both clueless about what to buy. Lol.

Quoting SuperPickle:

I think the Kodak is a little better but my flip is about 2 years older, I am not sure if their technology has "advanced" since i  first got it, so it is worth checking out both.

Quoting carter210:

Quoting SuperPickle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting BEXi:

I just bought a Sony HD camcorder with 16GB internal memory for 400. You may not need all that for your son, but it gives you an idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM

NP. My kids are video kids too. My middle son wanted a camera for his(6th) bday too but since we had these I just let him have it and it really is kid friendly.

Quoting carter210:

Thanks! Like I said it helps a lot. We are both clueless about what to buy. Lol.

Quoting SuperPickle:

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Oh there is the Kodak PlayFull too. We also have one of those. I prefer the touch, it is easier to manuver screen to screen IMO but it is kid friendly too....it is more like the Flip I have.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I have a JVC Everio S. It's small and easy for little hands to hold onto, has 2 SD card slots......kind of pricey for a child to use ($250), but if you're confident he'll take care of it, it's easy to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)