Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a contraction or belly button pain? PLEASE HELP! **TALKED TO DR**

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

**TALKED TO DR. He said to go into L&D to be monitored and get them stopped, so as soon as I have a plan for kids, I guess I'm heading that way.  

I'm so confused right now and google is absolutely no help. Last night I started having pains that would start at the top of my uterus and work their way down towards my groin and into my back, some of them also radiate pain into my hips and inner thighs.

I'm pretty sure this is a contraction, but I also read that belly button pain could cause the same kinds of sensations from the muscles seperating.

When I'm having this pain it hurts for anything to be touching my belly including my shirt. I keep hoping the pains are just stretching or something like that.

I have nifedipine to stop contractions once they start, but last night it didn't touch even the ones I was sure were contractions. I drank a bottle of gatorade in hopes that I was maybe dehydrated, but I'm guessing that was not the case.

I plan to call my doctor, but he is not in the office til 9:30 and its 8:54 so til then I'm asking you ladies. Thanks for any help you can give.

I'm 26 weeks today, BTW.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSue87
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM

No idea, hope its not contractions, that you dont go into preterm labor! hopefully someone else can be of more help! 

MyJaidon
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Sounds like contractions. Does your belly tighten up when u feel the pain? Yikes, feel better and tell your LO to behave in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I can't tell, it always feels like a rock.

Quoting MyJaidon:

Sounds like contractions. Does your belly tighten up when u feel the pain? Yikes, feel better and tell your LO to behave in there.

peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM

BUMP!

JoyfulMommy1221
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Sounds like contractions. Are they regular? And does your belly tighten like a rock all over? I hope you can talk to your dr soon and go in! Gl! Hoping it isn't preterm labor!
peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

It does feel like a rock all over, but it does that even without pains. I do know the pains get oh so much worse when I stand or walk around. They seem to be about every 10 mins or less, there isn't a real pattern yet.

Quoting JoyfulMommy1221:

Sounds like contractions. Are they regular? And does your belly tighten like a rock all over? I hope you can talk to your dr soon and go in! Gl! Hoping it isn't preterm labor!

Kayla-Kay
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I had that when I was pregnant with my son. Did you get if figured out? What helped me was to lay down drink some water and have my feet up and relax. I ended up carrying him a week over to the day (which made him a Friday the 13th baby lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Nope 15 more mins and I'm calling him. I will probably be told to either go into labor and delivery or the office to be checked out.

Quoting Kayla-Kay:

I had that when I was pregnant with my son. Did you get if figured out? What helped me was to lay down drink some water and have my feet up and relax. I ended up carrying him a week over to the day (which made him a Friday the 13th baby lol)

JoyfulMommy1221
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Quoting peant06070912:

If there isn't a pattern yet then it might be braxton hicks. I'd still talk to your dr/go in to be sure. Good luck!
vanna_k
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM
If they're that painful I would head over to l&d! 26 weeks is too early to take any chances IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)