Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend posted on FB about suicide, IDK what to do.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 4 Replies
Last night she made a post about her calling the suicide prevention hotline. She lives in a different part of the city, but I still will travel out to see her if that what it takes.
She has a had a very hard life and it has been going downhill for a while. She managed to live through 18yrs. Of physical and mental abuse from her family, being betrayed by a few of her friends. She lost her grandmother due to the neglect of her sisters(Grandmom got a cut on her leg, got infected, she lost the leg and they just gave up on her) She became homeless at 18, she's 25 and have since been couch hopping, she is currently staying with my brothers and that's not going good. She has a 'partner' and because he's lazy and refused to work, my brother doesn't allow him over which make things in her life worse.

Adding to her homelessness, she has been in and out of hospitals over the years because at first they believed she had MS, but that was ruled out, she doesn't know what is causing her pain and without insurance it's an even harder fight. She also has been fighting to get her disability back since it was abruptly cut off. I knew it was rough for her but I didn't know it was this bad, she just started her blog, something she was thinking of doing for years, so I thought things were better, I don't know how to approach this, any insight, advice would be of help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AHmom103
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

BUMP!

Cacophobia06
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM

BUMP!

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Just be there for her. Let her know that no matter what she always has you. I know it helped me A LOT through hard times just knowing day or night I had 2 great friends who would take my calls and sometimes I did call them in the middle of the night and even though my one friends was states away( I was in NY she was in FL) through out my entire pregnancy(which was very hard) she was there EVERY day. Just let her know she has you and I bet it will do a world of good. And by the way you are an awesome friend.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)