• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He abandoned us... UPDATE!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 183 Replies
1 mom liked this
Or at least it feels like it...

DH and I have been staying with my dad these last 4 months to help us get back on our feet. Well last week he quit his job, packed our truck and left for Oregon. We had been talking about doing this and he had a better job lined up but I was expecting him to wait to save up more money. He was going to go first with our stuff, start working and get settled. Then me and the kiddos would follow. Now that he is in Oregon, I've heard from him twice. He normally calls and texts throughout the day. His best friend posted on FB about how he and his son spent the day at the beach, playing with MY dog!! Wtf?? I feel like we've been abandoned and forgotten. I just have this sense of loneliness and fear.

**You can put your pitch forks down ladies. He called me and said that he received all my text messages this morning. The service is terrible there, which I suspected!! We lost our connection 4 times. He appologized for not calling more often. He is working on the house and has been leaving his phone inside and working to get as much done as possible. He reassured me that everything is fine and as soon as the house is ready he will come back for us. He misses us all like crazy and wants us up there ASAP!! And as for the friend and our dog.. His son asked if they could take her with them to the beach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AHmom103
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Awww, I hope things get better soon!

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
4 moms liked this
He left a week ago and you have heard from him twice?

Does he have a girlfriend up there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting AHmom103:

Awww, I hope things get better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bird16_J
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Ummmm yeah that would NOT have happened in my household. It sounds like someone didn't want the responsibility of a family anymore and took off. What a loser. I'm sorry but he can't call or contact you and he's more worried about playing with a dog and his friend's kid than taking care of his own family. Sorry but that would NOT fly in my household. Good luck to you.

CafeMom Tickers
cLanief
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Dat no sound very good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theycallmemom4
What did he say when you talked to him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
He just left? Did you know he was leaving or did you wake up one day and he was gone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2

Umm.....

O.o

Sounds like your relationship is over, my dear.

3pippings
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM

If you've never been separated with your husband before, I think it's normal you are feeling like that.

It was hard for me the first time my husband left us for 10 days. But now I just get use to it.

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM
I'm sure your situation is a little different.

This dude just up and left for no reason and has made the choice to not talk to her.

Quoting 3pippings:

If you've never been separated with your husband before, I think it's normal you are feeling like that.

It was hard for me the first time my husband left us for 10 days. But now I just get use to it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)