Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training poop help!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

we've been potty training our son for a week now and he's 3 years old. he's been SOOOO hard to potty train. he knows the urge but he's being so complicated.

this is what's going on:

we have to constantly ask him if he needs to go pee and if i KNOW he needs to go pee and say "let's go to the potty!" he gets mad and fights it for a little. but then when he finally goes in there he pees and it's fine. 

he doesn't have many accidents but had fewer in the beginning and he's having more now. we don't punish him for accidents we just clean it up, say accidents happen and take him to the potty to get the rest of his pee out. 

he's been pooping in his underwear constantly. it's like he doesn't even care and it doesn't even phase him! he was standing 5 feet from me this morning and somehow pooped very silently, while still sipping on his juice, right in front of me! and then told me "mommy i pooped and peed in my underwear." *sigh* i don't know what to do. at all. i've told him it's icky but not in a scolding way. 

treats don't work, potty charts don't work, planned vacations to aquariums or whatnot don't work, presents don't work, praise doesn't work..NOTHING is working! :(

advice....please. how can i get him to tell me or get him to stop pooping in his undies?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
personal.legend
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM

bump. pleaseeeeee

MultiPara
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Take his diaper off, remind him every 15 minutes, give him a full cup of apple juice that is NOT watered down.  It WILL give him the shits. He will have no choice but to poo on the potty, but you must must must watch him closely. Also, no tv. Kids get distracted by TV and will not want to tare away from it to go potty. I give DD a chocolate chip if she goes potty.

MultiPara
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Also, try changing his diaper in the bathroom. He will get used to going in there to change his pants and realize that either way he has to go in there.  I even sometimes dump the poop in the toilet from the diaper and make her flush it.

mommykc
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Im in the same boat with u. If someone can help u on this im hoping it will help me too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
personal.legend
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM

well he's been in underwear the past week so dh won't put him back in diapers. he's pretty ok at peeing in the potty but the pooping, so far, has been the hardest part. thank you! 

Quoting MultiPara:

Take his diaper off, remind him every 15 minutes, give him a full cup of apple juice that is NOT watered down.  It WILL give him the shits. He will have no choice but to poo on the potty, but you must must must watch him closely. Also, no tv. Kids get distracted by TV and will not want to tare away from it to go potty. I give DD a chocolate chip if she goes potty.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Katherine696997
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Quoting personal.legend:

bump. pleaseeeeee

Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I say put his butt back into a diaper and ask him every morning if he is ready to be in his big boy undies this morning or not.   I had ONE really stubborn kid (my younger daughter).  I told her she wasn't allowed to go swimming until she wore underwear, because peeing and pooping in the water was wrong. She wanted to go swimming badly enough so that she started wearing underwear the very first day we had a trip to the lake planned,

I was like-c'mon girls, we're ging to the lake-and C-YOU can go swimming. Your sister can't yet though. At which point her sister piped up and said, Oh yes, Mommy, I am going to put my big girl undies on now, and then I can swim.  That was IT no more accidents, no more issues. Because she was ready,a nd it was HER choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)