Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should facebook create kids pages?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: should FB create a kids page that is a branch off of the parents page? (parents have full acess without needing a password. it is attached directly to their acount but kids can't acess the parents acount)

Options:

yes

no

i don't know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

they would be like a extention of the parents page. Like how we have here you go to our profile, then go to the kids clip. The parents would have FULL acess to the kids messages and everything. It would allow the kids to feel special while being strictly monitored.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrssummerlin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SiriSilasMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Nope, I don't see a need for it.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Togetherville kinda already does that.

Ihereainti
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I don't either but someone would find a way to exploit it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcsg
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Can't the parents have full access to their kids fb pages anyways?  That was a stipulation we made with our kids when they wanted fb. 

RiverDaughter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I wouldn't use it if they did.  I think people put to much info about their kids online anyway.

gypsy_rose
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I think it would be good for the kids to learn to communicate. Internet is the future. Most long distance communication will (and most likely already is) over the internet. A good portion of my family is on the other side of the country. (I am in MA and my bro is in AZ, my bio parents are in OR, I have family in FL, Cali ECT ECT) It would be a good way to teach the children, keeping an eye on them, and allowing them to communicate by themselves with family who is far off and even getting imediate responces.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

gypsy_rose
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM

added a poll

SiriSilasMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

My kid knows how to use a PC or Mac better than a lot of people. He can communicate with family over the phone or through e-mail. He doesn't need a networking account to do so. IMO it just opens the door to predators that can very well be avoided.

You can teach your child all there is to know about the Internet and one "interesting ad" could cause a lot of trouble. It's just unnecessary.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I think it would be good for the kids to learn to communicate. Internet is the future. Most long distance communication will (and most likely already is) over the internet. A good portion of my family is on the other side of the country. (I am in MA and my bro is in AZ, my bio parents are in OR, I have family in FL, Cali ECT ECT) It would be a good way to teach the children, keeping an eye on them, and allowing them to communicate by themselves with family who is far off and even getting imediate responces.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

LovingSAHMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Nah. I don't really think that's necessary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)