Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of the claim that unvaxed kids get sick LESS than vaxed kids?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 76 Replies

Poll

Question: ?

Options:

I think vaxed kids get sick more

I think non vaxed get sick more

I don't think it matters

I don't know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

Is there reason to believe that kids that do not receive all the recommended vaccines do in fact get sick less than those kids that are up to date?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ihereainti
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't seen a scientific study on it, but it makes sende
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaof2angles
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I dont think so EVERY child is different its like saying Breastfed babies are "healthier" than forumla fed babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM
3 moms liked this

There are numbers to support anything you want to say.

that's what I think.

KitschyGirl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Logically it makes sense, and it's true in my home. My DD is always sick. My son hardly ever catches what she brings home. But she was ff so it's a double whammy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
My Older kids are up to date my younger ones are not and they are equal in getting sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Both my kids are fully vaxed and and were formula fed. My oldest has only missed 4 days of school since she started pre-school and she is in 3rd grade. Only one of those was because she was sick. My youngest has barely had a cold since she was born. The most she gets is a runny nose which the docs says its from allergies. (It happens every spring and fall)

NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I had never heard of non-vaxing until I joined this site. I don't even known anyone personally who doesn't vaccinate. I know people will think I am just an ignorant fool for saying this, but I don't see why people think it's not important to vaccinate. I have read some material about non-vaxing and how it can be safer than injecting our children with so many foreign things. However, I was vaccinated, I am sure both of my parents were and I am sure their parents were as well. We are alive, healthy, haven't gotten any of the diseases we were vaccinated for and my daughter just got her booster shots at her 4 year old appointment.

saltyalley1227
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

i dont have any studies on it at all, but we delay and are selective, and my son has had sniffles maybe 2-3 times and had stomach flu for a day, and thats the extent of his illnesses and he is 2.  My niece and nephew are fully vaxed on time for everything and always seem to be sick.  we got the stomach flu from them and it lasted over a week for them, 2 weeks for my poor little nephew.  it could be a TOTAL coincidence though, I totally respect ppls choices either way when it comes to vaccines.  its so scary and hard to be a mom and people need to follow their gut.

Mrs.Miller11
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I know  its true for my DD, and for me as well.

GreenAndLean
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Well it is true with my kids, my son got all of his shots as an infant and he gets sick most often, myself and my husband have been real sick and my son but my daughter just has a runny nose, no cough like the rest of us.

This happens all the time with her she gets sick last and gets better the fastest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)