Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living off the government...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 5 Replies
so this is more if a vent but please read

I have 2 sisters. One is amazing, single mom to three kids, bought her own house, great ex husband who we all are still close too, and is a police officer, etc. My other sister has been a problem since she was a teen. Drugs alcohol etc. I will call her sister B. sister B has 3 kids. 2 live with their dad. She has 1 still. She got a DUI last year with her son in the car so he came and lived with me for a while until she was put in rehab for alcoholism. She's been doing ok but she has always been so lazy. She is leaving rehab soon which she gets money for being a drunk basically (disability) and plans on getting $1200 a month for rent from section 8 housing, medi-cal, food stamps, etc. Good grief. Minimum wage here you end up only seeing about $1100. So by being lazy she will earn more money than working.

Grrr. Vent over
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrz.Anaya
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Wow..yeah systems messed up..but it will only take her so far shell learn eventually
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM
She will probably be like that her whole life. The government enables too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jnc91
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Quoting WhitleyLyles:

She will probably be like that h
er whole life. The government enables too much.

I'm ok with the medi-cal but i was shocked that section 8 would pay that much for rent each month. I figured a portion but not all of it.
stefvan
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM

The system is set up to be abused.  Until there is a serious overhaul, nothing will change that.  I've said this before on this board, but there is not a week that goes by that we hear (health agency) "Why should I work when you give me all this free stuff?" 

AngelNCO
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Ummmm... I think we have the same sister, LOL!!!  It makes me sick... yet she can bash me and hold it against me that "I have it good".  Umm yep, I worked my ass off the get where I'm at today... You chose to shoot drugs up your arm, lose your children to social services, and have the balls to whine when your disability check isn't on time.  Oh yeah, she's a victim!  Sorry, ranting... you got me started, LMAO!  Can't stand people like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)