• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
  • 2 Replies

I need to vent and I figure this is the place to do it! Background: I watch two kids for a friend. She qualifies for assistance, so we figured that we could have me set up as a provider. Because it would be just hers and she only has 2 kids I don't have to have a daycare license (I figured I would get one latter, but I don't have extra money to spend on all the fees). Anyway, I sent in the information for our background checks. DH failed the check and they need more information. I just talked to the lady on the phone. She said she doesn't know what it was, but I can not be a provider...There are 2 things I can think of 1) is that people with Hispanic names have used his SSN for jobs, because they don't use his name too the government wont do anything about it. 2) my DH has a medical condition and about 8yrs ago he had an episode, I pulled the car over and we ended up out side...when he has these you have to leave him alone, give him a bubble, he blanks out and is like a little kid and doesn't listen. Well along came a cop who refused to listen to me and DH wasn't listening to him one thing lead to another and he got arrested. We had to go to Court and where assured that the miss understanding would not come back to haunt us...I don't want to jump threw hoops to deal with this...I'm thinking after the mom deals with a few things that are going wrong in her life, she will just need to find someone else...

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tginn20
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Do you know for sure that someone has used your DH's social? That's a pretty heavy accusation. You can request a copy of that background check to find out 100% and you can dispute it if you have inaccurate things on there.

Raine2007
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Yep..We have a copy of a background check that was run just using his number and no less than 10 names came up, but DH is the only one that has used his number for credit purposes so it isn't identity theft and there isn't anything they can do about it....

Quoting tginn20:

Do you know for sure that someone has used your DH's social? That's a  pretty heavy accusation. You can request a copy of that background check to find out 100% and you can dispute it if you have inaccurate things on there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)