• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Powell Boy Grandparents

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Does anyone think it's odd how calm their grandparents are? I know they say their faith is what keeps them strong but no way would I be able to stay that calm.

On another note, that dispatcher better be fired.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaof8
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

It is not their fault it is the fault of the system that does not protect the kids in the supervised visit system

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1367287/Struggling_to_Make_a_Difference

kameronsmommy08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I'm not saying it's the grandparents fault in any way. I am saying they have seemed so calm. I'm sure in a state of shock, I'm just saying I don't think I would be that together in a situation as horrible as this.

momaof8
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I think it is wierd that no one wants to help change the system that is killing kids. THis will happen again  if people don't step up

i.heart.nerds
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Everyone reacts to grief differently. I think it is insensitive to judge how they react to losing their grandchildren.
Shame on you.
momswag
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

We don't know the ins-and-outs of the family, we can't judge their reaction by any means. Maybe they felt it was just a matter of time before something like this happened... Who really knows. 

I agree the dispatcher should be let go and there should be changes done to the training of dispatchers. This is not the first time a  dispatcher didn't dispatch police in a true emergency! 

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Its eary to sit there and say how you will react in a situation you have never been in but in reality you have no idea how you will. Stop judging them on their reaction.

1smartcookie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I think they must be in shock.

sabbycat69
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
We only see what they want to show when a camera is around, for all we know they could be falling apart and not calm behind the scenes.

Quoting kameronsmommy08:

Does anyone think it's odd how calm their grandparents are? I know they say their faith is what keeps them strong but no way would I be able to stay that calm.

On another note, that dispatcher better be fired.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Me too plus they could also be on meds to keep them calm

Quoting 1smartcookie:

I think they must be in shock.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I could never judge their reaction.  I have no idea if I would break down and be an emotional mess or be dead inside because my will and spirit died with them (my guess). 

That dispatcher should be fired for failing to believe it was an emergency. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)