Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extreme couponing?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  • 29 Replies

My best friend has been watching this show, I guess. I haven't seen it but she's told me about it. She is all fired up to do some "extreme couponing". Have any of you actually tried this? I never was one for clipping coupons but I think I will try harder to watcht he sales and find coupons to use but I don't don't know about going to extremes, lol! I was just wondering if any of you moms out there have actually saved shit tons of money doing this?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wiener
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

i do it and yes i save money doing it, nothing like the show though cause i don't buy 50 bottles of dish soap and 75 tubes of toothpaste, and in MN not many stores double coupons and the ones that do have a limit of 5 with a $25 order first.  couponing like this takes time, it wont happen over night trust me.   check out the extreme couponing group here on Cafemom if you want to learn more...

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Ah! I should have known there was a group for that here! Thanks! Hey what is double couponing exactly. Is that when you have two coupons for the same thing?

Quoting wiener:

i do it and yes i save money doing it, nothing like the show though cause i don't buy 50 bottles of dish soap and 75 tubes of toothpaste, and in MN not many stores double coupons and the ones that do have a limit of 5 with a $25 order first.  couponing like this takes time, it wont happen over night trust me.   check out the extreme couponing group here on Cafemom if you want to learn more...

MamaJane
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM
3 moms liked this

First start by forgetting every thing you see on that show!  LOL

wiener
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

doubliecouponing is when a store will double the face value of the coupon. like $1.00 off goes to $2.00 off.  using tow coupons for the same thing is called stacking. like you using the store coupon and manufacturer coupon together to increase your saving.  You can not use two manufacturer coupons on one item...

Quoting circle_of_life:

Ah! I should have known there was a group for that here! Thanks! Hey what is double couponing exactly. Is that when you have two coupons for the same thing?

Quoting wiener:

laciD
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
I really don't need 127 bottles of steak sauce or 75 boxes of spaghetti lol, those people go a little to far. It seems like food hoarding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.ACosTa190
Yes I use to do it. I got paid a lot of times to take stuff out of the store. I quit about 6 months ago because I started work and I still have shampoo and tooth paste and some other things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
Yup I do it and I save TONS of money. I use to spend $150 a week in groceries and stuff for the house I now only spend $150 a month if that. That includes diapers/wipes, toilet paper etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Some stores will double the amount of the coupon.  Around here Kroger doubles up to .50.  Last week they had bags of frozen veggies for 1.69.  I had a .50 coupon that they doubled so I got Veggies for .69.  Just an example.

KellBell0820
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I've never seen the show but I know when people come in to a store (say Walgreens, one of the companies I work for) and say they saw it on extreme couponers it never ends well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
And I don't hoard like the people on the show though I only buy what we will need for a few month or for food 2nths in advance. I don't have room to stock up like they do.

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Yup I do it and I save TONS of money. I use to spend $150 a week in groceries and stuff for the house I now only spend $150 a month if that. That includes diapers/wipes, toilet paper etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)