Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a few ideas

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

So on Friday my 2 DD's have their girl scouts meeting. And usually one girl brings snacks for the rest and another drinks for the rest. Well, this Friday, they are having their Valentine's Party and each girl is asked to bring a Valentine themed snack and drinks for the rest of the group (i am thinking it is some sort of potluck kinda deal) Anyways, I was wondering if any of you had any cute Valentine's snack ideas. I thought about making chocolate covered pretzels and decorate them with Valentine sprinkles. Also I thought about some chocolate covered strawberries but IDK maybe I will just opt out for the store brand Valentine stuff... But I dont wanna so HELP! Thanks ladies you rock

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I saw some pizza places make heart shaped pizza's!

ness_uh_0630
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

it is supposed to just be a lil snack because their meeting is after dinnertime

but thanks that sounds awesome

Arwyn724
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Ready made sugar cookie dough rolled out & cut with heart shaped cookie cutters.  Then girls can decorate them with all the Valentine's icing & such.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Make sandwiches and cut them with a heart shaped cookie cutter.  Make heart shaped cookies.  V day cupcakes.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This year, butter up your sweethearts with a batch of sugar-cookie hugs and kisses. Make bite-size X's and O's for a bunch of friends or a pair or giant letters for a special sweetie.

Ingredients
  • COOKIE DOUGH
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cream of tartar
  • BUTTERCREAM ICING
  • 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 to 2 tbsp. milk
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and beat well, then mix in the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, one third at a time, until thoroughly combined.

2. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and flatten each into a disk. Cover each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or until the dough is firm enough to work with. If it becomes too firm, soften at room temperature for about 5 minutes.

3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. Then, use a butter knife to cut out the cookies into X's and O's. Remind your child that giant letters need to be wider than smaller ones to keep them from breaking easily.

4. Using a metal spatula, carefully transfer the cookies to a baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between them. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (longer for really big cookies) or until lightly browned around the edges.

5. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven, place on wire racks and cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a metal spatula, transfer the cookies to the rack and cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies, depending on their size.

6. While the cookies are cooling, make the buttercream icing: Beat together the sugar, butter and vanilla extract. Add the milk a few drops at a time until the mixture is spreadable. Makes 1 1/2 cups.

7. Frost the cookies with the icing and sprinkle on tinted red or pink sugar, if desired.

Hugs and Kisses Cookies

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

This colorful new twist on a classic treat is a great gift for your child to give to anyone she's sweet on this February 14.

Ingredients
  • Cooking spray
  • 3 tablespoons margarine
  • 6 cups mini (or 60 regular-size) marshmallows
  • Red food coloring
  • 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
  • Heart-shaped cookie cutter
  • Plastic bags, yarn
Instructions
  1. To begin, lightly coat a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.

2. Melt the margarine in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows, stirring them continuously until they melt. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in drops of red food coloring until the color receives a thumbs-up from the chef.

3. Add the Rice Krispies, stirring until they are evenly coated with marshmallow. Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet.

4. With waxed paper (or lightly buttered hands), smooth out the mixture, spreading it to an even thickness.

5. Cut out hearts with the cookie cutter. Place each heart in a clear plastic bag, tie on a yarn bow, and they're ready for giving. Makes seven 5-inch hearts.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

What do you get when you mix graham cracker crumbs and chocolate morsels? Love at first bite. Earn brownie points with this Valentine's -- or any other day.

Ingredients
  • 36 2-inch graham crackers
  • 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (don't use evaporated milk)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 16-ounce package semisweet chocolate morsels
  • 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º (325º for glassware). While you generously grease an 8-inch square baking pan, put your kids to work crushing the graham crackers into fine crumbs. It's especially easy and fun if you seal the crackers in a plastic bag and then use a rolling pin.

2. Stir together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate morsels, pecans, and graham cracker crumbs and mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.

3. Spoon the batter (it will be very stiff) into the greased pan. Use the back of a wooden spoon (or clean hands) to pat the batter into an even layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan.

4. Use a cookie cutter or a butter knife to cut out small (these brownies are rich!) heart shapes. Serve plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or raspberry sherbet. Makes about 8 to 12, depending on size.

Sweet Heart Brownies

ness_uh_0630
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Thanks guys that is giving me more ideas! keep em coming

1busymomma03
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Rice Krispie treats

Cake pops

Cupcake bouquet

Cake push pops

ness_uh_0630
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Can I tell you that I love you and if you got those from pinterest I am jealous lol! damn invites!

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Rice Krispie treats

Cake pops

Cupcake bouquet

Cake push pops

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)