• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I REALLLLLLY F'N HATE.....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
Job posts that their first line is "This is an ENTRY LEVEL position for front desk/greeter"
Then lists all requirements they are looking for and does not specify any significant knowledge.
Then their last requirement is "MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN DENTAL OFFICE".

WTF?! I would consider 2 straight years in one field as NOT entry level...

Stupid aholes! Im getting tired of seeing "entry level" but requiring 2-5 years in that area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

exactly, or they'll say

Entry level, must have a Masters degree in Business. For a Receptionist job? Really?

cLanief
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Yup.... Its reallllllllly pissing me off because all jobs are like this... Even shitty ones! Ive been looking for a job for almost a year now! Gah!

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

exactly, or they'll say

Entry level, must have a Masters degree in Business. For a Receptionist job? Really?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommageek
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I'm sorry. The job market sucks in a lot of places. For me, I was overqualified for a lot of positions because I have a college education. Because I didn't have enough lab experience, I wasn't experienced enough for jobs that I needed my degree for.
AllofFive19
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I feel ya girl.

kagegirl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I say apply anyway. Sometimes they will hire you anyway. 

Hani_Mommy
um .. only 2 years experience is ENTRY LEVEL!!!!!! You have to know something about the job/position!!!!!!!
river.red
It is beyond frustrating. That's why I quit looking and wwent back to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma555
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Still apply!  When I was looking for jobs while going to school I never let that requirement stop me and I always got the job.  In your resume or interview just talk about the skills that you possess that would make you perfect for the job i.e. great at multitasking, organized, great time management etc.  and always talk about your willingness to learn.  You should be fine but definitely don't let that stop you from applying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)