• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back at the hospital.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

DD started vomiting and turning colors last night. From pink, to grey, to dusky pink, to blue, then back to pink all within about 5 minutes. Her home health nurse told us to take her back to Children's Mercy. We got there a little before midnight and they got her admitted rather quickly. They're suspecting seizures but they switched her from an NG tube to an NJ tube to see if she's just refluxing. I'm not sure which I'd prefer her have...If she's having seizures, then she'll be in the hospital for several days and go home with medication that can have side effects. If she's having severe reflux, then we (SO and I) have to make the decision to send her in for a G-Button and a Fundoplication that may kill her or put her on a ventilator for the rest of her life because she is a high-risk for Malignant Hyperthermia and not being able to be extubated because of her PCH and compromised respiratory drive. 

To make things worse, my own health has been rapidly deteriorating. I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and the stress has been causing me to have significantly more episodes of heart palpitations and dizzyness. I've actually fainted twice in this past week. At this rate I may need surgery myself.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KeepOnWalking
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Keeping you both in my thoughts abd prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texasmami86
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting KeepOnWalking:

Keeping you both in my thoughts abd prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)