Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you feel comfortable with this? Opinions needed**EDIT**

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM
  • 78 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you allow your child to sit at another table?

Options:

Yes

No,wouldn't feel comfortable

No, they are to young

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 115

View Results

I am starting to plan my wedding for next year and need an opinion from other moms.

Many of the guests coming will have children under the age of 10. I would like them to be able to relax and enjoy their dinner in more of an adult atmosphere. I was planning on having a huge kids table kind of off to the side and paying my 16 yr old niece and SO's 18 yr old cousin to sit with the kids and watch over them during the reception. I would have puzzle books, coloring pages, colorwonder finger paint, things like that for them to play with so they don't get bored.

Would you be OK with allowing your child to sit at the table away from you? They will be in the same room, just over in a corner and undersupervision. I will add that both girls who will be watching them are very responsible and both love kids.

The youngest child there will most likely be our youngest daughter who will be 1.5 yrs. The others would be more in the 4-8 yr old range. And there would be about 6-7 kids for the 2 two girls to watch.

Thank you very much for all your responses and suggestions. You all brought up some goods points that I hadn't thought about. After reading them all, I might plan on having all the kid sit with their parents, but have a kids table set up for them incase they would rather sit there, or make up bags with coloring books and crayons to take with them to their seat.  Thanks again ladies!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3earthangels
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Nope, I would not be comfortable with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

my son will be 3. Id probally get a sitter. but if he was older then definatlly!

kansasmom1978
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I just went to my dad's wedding last fall.  The entire family was there.  Kids sat with their parents. They danced and played right along side the adults.  It was the best reception I have ever been too.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Always love when there is a kids table...and so do my kids!

Mrs.wilcox01
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Yes a long as the older girls were watching them closely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Tamika on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Yes, they are in the same room and within eyesight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkikry
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

My kids are only 4 and 20 months so no I would not be comfortable with that. And neither of them would be comfortable not being by me when they are surrounded by tons of people who are mostly strangers.

ToriBabe1221
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My son wouldn't stay put, even with fun stuff to do.
Id rather have him sit next to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SevysMomma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Yes, I would be fine with it - I see this happen at most weddings I have been to. It's pretty normal.

smurfy88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 3earthangels:

Nope, I would not be comfortable with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)