Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated with family member RANT PIOG EDITED

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 57 Replies

I won't get too particularly personal as to who it is, but its my brother in law. He wrote, saying that my lack of going to church contributed to my sons lack of moral fiber, and I should look into that so my son won't be transgendered. He says he doesn't believe my son is trans, and if he were born a hundred years ago, he would not be like he is. That our society today makes people trans and gay. Then, he said that he would like to see me going to church more. And that if I lost my son for not accepting him, maybe it would be ok.

First off, I don't care what anyone thinks. If he wants to think that, fine with me. Second off, he is in jail for murder, so I seriously doubt that he is without sin and therefore has no right to start throwing rocks at anyone else. Not that I think my son is living in sin.

I am so mad, but on the other hand, I sort of expected this from him. He was raised in an ultra christian household and his mom is nuts. As in, Jesus FREAK and very pushy.

He's actually a very awesome person otherwise, I mean it. But this just.....annoys me.

I am done ranting. What do I do? Shoot back a letter citing proof of trans people being physically different brain wise than others of their sex (female trans have brains that look like mens brains, and male trans have female looking brains) or do I let it go.

I'm leaning toward letting it go. I said we would have to agree to disagree.

ETA-I'm not going to judge him for what he did.  It was horrible, but its in the past.  I'm not God and I am not without sin, so I have no right to judge anyone.

I'm just upset that a FAMILY member is telling me that my son should live a lie.  I refuse to tell my son to be anything less than he is.....Period!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I am more worried with you thinking a person in jail for murder is an awesome guy other than his jesus freak tendencies

HouseofFeast
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Wow, I felt rage boil up in me for you. I probably wouldn't hold my tongue...and then I would cut him out of my life for being toxic.

Jailhouse religion mixed with childhood brainwashing is obviously a toxic mix. 

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

lalalandlady2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

oh, your sister married the murderer?  wow.  

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM
I believe he murdered his girlfriend and her sister married him after he was in jail.

Quoting shivasgirl:

I am more worried with you thinking a person in jail for murder is an awesome guy other than his jesus freak tendencies

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justcyarra
by Brandi on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I thought the same thing

Quoting shivasgirl:

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd laugh at the irony and completely ignore whatever he says.

lalalandlady2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM

wasn't it the cadet murder or something like that?

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I believe he murdered his girlfriend and her sister married him after he was in jail.

Quoting shivasgirl:

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Wow damn auto correct. Tell him he is not the person who you would come to for moral advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L1558
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Huh?

WTF do you care what a convicted murderer thinks about your parenting?

"Dee-da-dee, gee I need some parenting advice...think I'll go visit the local penitentary and ask a man convicted of murder what he thinks, surely that's the best source, he's probably an awesome guy except for that little detail".

W.

T.

F.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

that makes no difference in how "awesome" a person he is

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Quoting shivasgirl:

Group Owner of Religious Debate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)