Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrified. We just can't catch a break. ***edit 2/9/12 ***update 2/10/12

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
  • 85 Replies

CPS knocked on my door today. Apparently there are allegations against me but she wouldn
't tell my husband. I'm waiting for her to return my call. I don't understand. I don't do anything wrong, I don't think any of my enemies would do this to me and I know my friends and family would never even think about it. I have no idea what is going on but I can't go to school today. This is too much for me to handle alongside school and work.

However, I think know who did it because there is really only one person who would do that. I find it awfully convenient that I get a "notice to vacate" yesterday and a visit from CPS the next. Both are only for me in only my name, not my husband.

I want to vomit. This is too much stress. I am fighting the tears and frustration but it is so hard to stay strong.

The only good that happened is the fact that we applied for a loan today and the guy said that we shouldn't have any problems getting approved for a mortgage loan.

I am just so sad, stressed and afraid. My dad kept telling me that it will be okay and they won't take my kids. It doesn't make me feel any better about the situation. I'm still afraid. He has never dealt with CPS. Please help me, has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know about this process?

The worker did not ask to come inside but she does want to meet with me to discuss the allegations. God I feel sick.

*****Edit

Thank you ladies for your support and kind words and sharing your stories. I am calm and I think I will be able to handle the situation tomorrow. I just have to try not to cry. I cry when I feel extreme emotions...it's going to be difficult to keep my composure but I think I can do this.

The caseworker did not return either of my calls today. I called twice and I left messages with the receptionist. So I still don't know what is going on.

As I said before, thank you so much ladies. I am much more calm and composed now.

***edit 2/9/12

I finally spoke with the social worker before I left for school this morning. She said the allegations are about the condition of my home. She will be coming by Friday evening and give me a paper to sign so we can close the case. I informed her that I know who called and the terms of our relationship with this person. I informed her that we have never had any problems or complaints until this landlord took over and that we were given a notice to vacate Tuesday evening. I also informed her that we are in the process of buying a new home.

I'm ready to get this over with. I'm ready to move so we don't have to deal with my landlord.

***UPDATE

Long story short, the social worker came to my home this evening.  She walked in and complimented me on our home.  She saw the kids and complimented them.  She asked about work and school, if the kids go to daycare, what the kids' health insurance is, their ages, things they like to do.  The investigation is now over (unless my landlord sends in another false complaint   >:[    ).  The social worker said this stuff happens all the time.  Thank you for the support and advice ladies!

Sami- 1         Landlord- 0

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Never dealt with CPS but if you have nothing to hide no worries mama!  Let them come in and do what they gotta do then they will see you are a great mother and go about their business :)  Good luck!

armywife009
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I am sorry you are going through these things. Keep your chin up, the storm will pass. hugs

SamiJ18
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I don't have anything to hide.

I guess it scares me so much because I have never even had a ticket. We don't do anything to get in trouble. We are not bad parents.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Never dealt with CPS but if you have nothing to hide no worries mama!  Let them come in and do what they gotta do then they will see you are a great mother and go about their business :)  Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Thanks. I need a hug :-(

Quoting armywife009:

I am sorry you are going through these things. Keep your chin up, the storm will pass. hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Get an attorney.  Now.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I know you're terrified.  I would be too.  Just cooperate with them and they will see that you did nothing wrong!  :)

Quoting SamiJ18:

I don't have anything to hide.

I guess it scares me so much because I have never even had a ticket. We don't do anything to get in trouble. We are not bad parents.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

beerebelly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

: (  Everything will be ok! Chin up.

tcobathome
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
So sorry I hope all goes well...whoever did this is evil please do not associate with them anymore! Best wishes for you and your family.
ambermarie2006
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Just cooperate, as long as you have nothing to hide then you will be fine. I have had CPS visit once as a formality, and they left within 10 mins of arriving. 

baquick
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM
((hugs)) momma!

Just keep your chin up and look through to the positive. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)