• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! I'm about to lose my damn mind!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 14 Replies
My ds will not go down for a nap!! He is so tired. I have been fighting with him for over 2 hours. If I put him in his crib he screams bloody fucking murder!! I tried laying him in my bed and he'll lay there for a few minutes then comes out to me. If I get up he laughs and runs back into the bedroom for me to put him back in the bed. He is currently in his crib screaming. He sounds like a goddamn T-Rex!! There is nothing wrong with him. I already gave him some stuff for his teeth but he is still screaming. He is just laying there screaming. Ahhhhhh!!! What the hell do I do!! If i pick him up, he wants down. He needs a nap!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM

i went thru the same battle yesterday afternoon with my dd. I lost that battle.   Hope you get a break soon

lovemystinky
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

When my daughter does that, I sing GNR Sweet Child of Mine and she calms down and passes out.

3pippings
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM

After over 2 hours, I won't put him to nap.

Will he sleep better at night if he naps? I know some kids sleep better at night if they nap. But after 2 hours then maybe just let him play.

Starr1089
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Dont make him take one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2.b.con.10.Ud
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I would just give him something to do then, color, something quiet.  Read him a book, while holding him in your lap.  Just make it a quiet time. 

I've told my kids they can lay on the bed with their eyes open, but they have to stay in bed.  They go for that, for whatever reason, and end up falling asleep.

hippiechic980
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I would stick with it and let him know you mean business. Thats just me, good luck momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Pat him on the butt gently. I do this with little ones and they usually fall asleep.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM

go lay down with him and rub his back

cLanief
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM
stick to it!! Put on some music! Drown out the screaming for a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM

yep use to do this battle with ds from time to time...he started doing that at 15mo...just keep at it, sometimes letting them cry for a while is good for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)