Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight watchers

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 54 Replies
Have you tried it or know someone that has tried it? Does it work? Something has to give, i am doing terrible with losing weight on my own...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xanayda
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsyabel
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

My sister is doing it right now and is loving it.  In just over 5 weeks she's lost 22 lbs.  

xanayda
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Wow, that's awesome. :)

Quoting betsyabel:

My sister is doing it right now and is loving it.  In just over 5 weeks she's lost 22 lbs.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDyer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Depends on your preferences, if you can do with minimal carbs, I highly suggest Atkins.  It got a lot of bad press years ago because people on it didn't read the program and thought they could eat all the meat they wanted, just no carbs and lose weight...which is not how it works. There is a tab on the website that says The Science Behind Atkins, that is very informative.  If you want to be able to eat everything you do now, I would suggest Weight Watchers.  I have friends that lost weight using it, but it was slow weight loss, very steady while Atkins was quick and major in the beginning before the plateau period.  Good Luck with whatever plan you choose :)

xanayda
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Thanks. :) I don't think the atkins would be good for me. I'm a carbaholic and can't go without it for long. lol.

Quoting MamaDyer:

Depends on your preferences, if you can do with minimal carbs, I highly suggest Atkins.  It got a lot of bad press years ago because people on it didn't read the program and thought they could eat all the meat they wanted, just no carbs and lose weight...which is not how it works. There is a tab on the website that says The Science Behind Atkins, that is very informative.  If you want to be able to eat everything you do now, I would suggest Weight Watchers.  I have friends that lost weight using it, but it was slow weight loss, very steady while Atkins was quick and major in the beginning before the plateau period.  Good Luck with whatever plan you choose :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDean
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

bump....I am interested in hearing about ww experiences.

xanayda
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Bump. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xanayda
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
:)

Quoting MsDean:

bump....I am interested in hearing about ww experiences.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I lost 35 lbs. on WW, didn't gain it back. IMHO, it's the best and safest program.

Sharon
GreenAndLean
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I lost 23 lbs on weight watchers yes it works
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)