• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena (IUD'S)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  • 40 Replies

So, I got the Mirena today, took about 10 miniutes, not too bad. Just wondering, anyone out there have it? Good or bad? I have heard sooo many bad stories, I just wanna your side too!!!! 

Also,

have u had any issues with your SO feeling the strings during sex or not being able to feel your strings when you check for them?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemystinky
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I have it. I had typical cramping for a couple of days. Otherwise, I love it like a second child.

chevy812
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I had it and loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiralyn
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I had a period for 4 months, so I had it removed. As soon as I got it out, the "period" stopped within days. 

Also, a mom in my due date group got pregnant with it. 

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Had it for 18 months now. Love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BRITTN3Y
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Quoting lovemystinky:

I have it. I had typical cramping for a couple of days. Otherwise, I love it like a second child.

AHHHH, Yall, that is good to hear! Something positive, now do you have issues or better yet, does your SO have issues with the strings during sex?

ladyvamp5489
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I had one for 6 weeks to try to regulate my heavy periods and it actually made it WORSE! I bled VERY HEAVILY for the whole 6 weeks like a pad an hour or so and walking was out of the question it would run right down the leg!  TMI i know But it was awful and i would never recommend it to anyone!  I had it removed and the bleeding stopped within a day.Good Luck.

BRITTN3Y
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Quoting chevy812:

I had it and loved it.

AHHHH, Yall, that is good to hear! Something positive, now do you have issues or better yet, does your SO have issues with the strings during sex?

IAMmomtotrips
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had mine in for the full time! It comes out next month and a new one is going right back in! So I can honestly say mine has been great!
BRITTN3Y
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

I had one for 6 weeks to try to regulate my heavy periods and it actually made it WORSE! I bled VERY HEAVILY for the whole 6 weeks like a pad an hour or so and walking was out of the question it would run right down the leg!  TMI i know But it was awful and i would never recommend it to anyone!  I had it removed and the bleeding stopped within a day.Good Luck.

yikes, I am sorry. bad

louzannalady
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I got it a number of years ago before they published how exactly it worked. I had gone on to the website and everything. I got it removed once I learned it could prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. (I know, that doesn't bother a lot of people, but it bothered me.)  After I had it removed, I had less problems with keeping weight on and some pimples I had on my back went away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)