• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why.... (dont bash) Edited

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 150 Replies
Does it seem most whom seem to think they know everything on here asks about childerns hospitals? Not every state has one the nearest one to us is 2 states away in any direction and if there is no childerns hospital near do you think less of that parent?

ETA: I personally do NOT trust some Childerns Hospitals because it seems IF your child does not have illness X then they really dont give a dang, I am NOT saying ALL are like that just it aseems the more "popular/well known" ones have issues with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovingSAHMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I haven't asked that, but I always figured there was at least one in every state. There are a couple here, at least. Why would I think less of a parent just bc they don't live near a children's hospital?

ilovemykids323
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I dunnowhy any would think that. we have a childrens hosptial in the next state. We have a regualer hospital in our town. I have no reason to take my kids to a childres hospital (thank goodness). They go to the regular hospital for everything.

Effie32509
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I have no clue if there's one here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I live close to two but I wouldn't think less of someone if they didn't. That's just silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I live 15 min from a cildrens hospital, but do not assume everyone lives by a childrens hospital. In all honestly when my DD broke her nose I took her to the regular hospital and she had her surgery to fic the broken nose at a regular hospital also. I am not a fan of the childrens hospital in my area so I take DD to the other hospital for emergancies, if they feel she needs to go to childrens they will transfer her over there
kristyann
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I thought every state had at least one. I do have the need for one with my youngest so it is an important factor for me. And what would you do if it was an emergency? My son needed emergency surgery a few weeks ago and had to go to a children's hospital to have it done. That would we awful to have to travel a Long way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacyemmy
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel blessed there are several children's hospital's within an hour's drive of me (some are satellites of the main 2 but they still have an ER).

maximami
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Well technically its not that parents fault, that a childrens hospital is not avilable to them.  It is advertised (its always good to know) that the dr's in a childrens hospital are specilzied in children medical care.  That is my reason for preference as to taking my DS to the er. 

As long as the Medical care being provide to your child is what you believe is the best medical care available, I would treat that parent any differently. as mothers Insictivly we do what is best for out LO's choosing medical providers is one of them.

KynTuffsMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM
We are two hrs from the Childrens Hospital. We never had to use them until ds was admitted into their nicu. They are amazing. There were many families there from all over, i couldnt imagine being that far from home but CMH was the closest thing for these families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maximami
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Quoting maximami:

Well technically its not that parents fault, that a childrens hospital is not avilable to them.  It is advertised (its always good to know) that the dr's in a childrens hospital are specilzied in children medical care.  That is my reason for preference as to taking my DS to the er. 

As long as the Medical care being provide to your child is what you believe is the best medical care available, I would treat that parent any differently. as mothers Insictivly we do what is best for out LO's choosing medical providers is one of them.

I meant I WOULDNT treat that parent differently! sorry I seriously am a bad at typing! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)