Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

make up advice

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  • 23 Replies
Ok. So I have always been a major tomboy so I don't know much about make up. Yes I own some but very rarely wear it. When I wear make up I don't want it to be very noticable. I want my foundation to blend but not be too dark or too light.

My question is.
Where do you go to get your make up? Skin to foundation match up and that kind of thing.
Do you go to Belks, JC Penny, Sallys or where?

Thanks in advance.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I wear drug store make up and get compliments all the time. LOL

bearspea
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I'm in the same boat! I want to be girlie but I have no idea how to do makeup. I'm glad it's not just me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashbmac
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

if you usually don't wear makeup then you probably don't need a foundation anyways stick to light eye makeup and maybe a lip gloss of some sort

vicky88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM
if you have a MAC store near you, you should go. They will help you choose what color is best for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM

i love that i can return make up to target ...but really i go to a counter or sephora and try on the hight end and take a sample home and then i try to find a drug store match to that...finding out what your undertones will help in matching your foundation to your skin and also deciding if you want to match your neck or chest (my face is always a different color) and some foundation do oxidize after a while and some will turn a different color as the day goes one *maybeline fit is bad for doing this you may also find you need to mix colors together to get a good match 

Cherryxcupcake
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Sephora or mac :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BV88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Go to ULTA (if you have one) and ask for some help. Also you can YouTube make up tutorials and reviews to help you out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trin0714
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Avon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatosMa
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You can have the girls at ulta do a color match for your skin. They sell the cheap "drug store" makeup brands (revlon, cover girl, etc.) OR they sell the more expensive stuff. I don't like it when my makeup is noticeable, and BARE ESCENTUALS has always worked well for me:) they also have their own stores in the malls. Just ask them for a color match :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasGirl214
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM
MAC and Sephora are the only places I buy makeup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)