Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man caught masturbating in front of school

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM
  • 2 Replies

I just heard this on the local news... This is the middle school that my boyfriend's 12 year old son attends... Creepy..

Police investigating man who exposed himself to school kids

Updated: Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 1:47 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 11:47 AM EST

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - The Fort Wayne Police Department is looking into an incident that happened early Tuesday morning when a man exposed himself to several school kids at Northwood Middle School.

The police department says it was reported that a man had removed his clothing and was lying on the ground in the wooded area and reportedly appeared to be masturbating.

Officers then located the man in a nearby neighborhood matching the description provided by witnesses. During the investigation, police learned that the 22-year-old man lived in a house nearby with his mother and that he was mentally disabled.

The suspect's mother was contacted and the man was released to her care.

The incident remains under investigation by the FWPD and the report was forwarded to Mental Health Services and to the Allen County Adult Protective Services.

After the incident, the principal at Northwood Middle School released the following statement:

Dear Parents/Guardians,

"I am writing to let you know of a situation that occurred today (Tuesday) and of the steps that were taken to ensure the safety of our student and staff.

This morning (Tuesday), we became aware of a man outside our building exposing himself and visible to many students in classrooms inside the building. This man was in our woods, north of the school, and was not close to our building. We immediately contacted police, who arrived and removed the man from the area. Students were never in any danger, and we worked to maintain a secure learning environment despite the distraction."

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/education/police-catch-man-who-exposed-himself-to-school-children

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I honestly can not wait until the end of the school year so we can move him in with us.. His dad was an OTC truck driver when I met him, so his grandparents helped out alot and ss stayed with them during the week. Boyfriend has moved in with me about 6 months ago and changed jobs so he is home more often. We are planning on moving his son in with us, but didn't want to do it during the school year.

MsDean
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

It sounds like the man caught needs better supervision and care if he is mentally disabled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)