• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeless? Really? Wow just wow

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 63 Replies
I went by the grocery store and ran into a friend that works at the salvation army and she was telling me how she just reported a "homeless" man.
I know who she is talking about a few days a week he's at the exit off the interstate.. And sometimes downtown...
Anyway her and a coworker were out smoking.. They watched the man change from his ratty clothes into nice khaki pants and a collard shirt.. Cross over to the bi lo parking lot and get in a brand new dodge ram and leave....
They called the cops.. They watched him. Turns out he isn't homeless at all.. Or even needy... Just running a scam smh...
People these
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3earthangels
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Happens a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ihereainti
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM
I hadn't heard of anything like this but then I avoid the news
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JT32606_
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM
what a dick.
unfortunately, its common.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Unless they prosecute panhandling - he committed no crime.

lhernandez7208
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
what? Really?im not living under a rock cause I know other things but THAT is def news to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steph1499
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Happens alot.  I dont give money to people who stand on the side of the rode for that reason.  Once I saw a guy who looked to be homeless and had an extra double cheese burger and offered to him and he basically laughed at me and said no.  Now if you are really homeless I would have taken the food.  

opal10161973
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM
I saw an expose some years back about people doing this in CA and making a bunch of money, then getting into their brand new luxury vehicles, to go home. They had it on tape. When they confronted the people, they weren't even sorry. WTF?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

True.

My city actually did a test to see how much homeless people make a hour. They had a news reporter stand out in ratty clothes with a sign. He earned a average of $10 a hour.

Quoting 3earthangels:

Happens a lot.

Ihereainti
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Really wow!!

Quoting opal10161973:

I saw an expose some years back about people doing this in CA and making a bunch of money, then getting into their brand new luxury vehicles, to go home. They had it on tape. When they confronted the people, they weren't even sorry. WTF?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Ehhh I have known this to happen...makes me really leary of helping people unless I truly know the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)