• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Missing bachelorette party.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am in my bff's wedding in May (her second wedding, mind you). Her sister just send a fb message saying the bachelorette party is going to be April 21. However, we are going to a homeschool conference that weekend, it's been planned for 4 months (b/c they post the dates before Thanksgiving). When I responded that we would have to miss, the sister said "Maybe you should think twice about being in the wedding." I haven't been dress shopping with them b/c they go randomly (like it's not a plan, but a phone call the morning of or evening before) and I'm the only one with kids (aside from the bride). Should I bow out or brush off the remark? We all in our late 20s so, it's not like we're 19 or 20 with very few obligations or responsibilities. 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Talk to the bride and see what she says.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hippiechic980
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Talk to the bride...let her know you would love to be involved you just need more notice....good luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carryannsmommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I would talk to the bride. I would hope they all relize your kids come first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd brush it off, she's not the bride and the bride is the only one you report to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysonsmom99
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I think that was kind of rude for her to say but talk to the bride.

AntzMom24

Talk to the bride! Being a mother she should know all about the importance of planning and scheduling. 

ginger.mom

talk to the bride

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

oh my it's a bachelorette party. not the wedding. talk to the bride. sorry but things for your children come before anything else.

Nikki286
by Nicoli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

talk with the bride if she didnt want you in the wedding she wouldnt have asked. 

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I would reply back " what does the bachelorette party have to do with the actual wedding? If the bride has a problem with my not being there, I invite her to contact me but I doubt she will because she too is a parent and understands family obligations but thanks for the invite"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)