Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's Your Theory??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why do you think we experience deja vus? I get them all the time and they freak me out.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I have dreams, then have deja vu, that is my dream happening in real life days or even months later. Obscure things. Wish I could dream up the lotto numbers! LOL! (It's gambling if you know the results! Te-he!) I am not sure why it happens. I am sure it has some important nuerological purpose, though.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM
4 moms liked this

I think that we have them because they bring up past life memories...our bodies wont recall but our souls do

angelenia
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM
interesting question. Most of mine are because of 'prophetic' dreams i've had. Usually very mundane seeming stuff in the dream but when it happens later in real life there tends to be spiritual significance to the actual event. It's up to me to pay attention and figure out the message. So i guess for me it's like a spiritual head's up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I get déjà vu, aka "auras", but it just mean I'm having a seizure...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

The collective unconscious. Or, a wonder of source memory.

LectioDivina
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a glitch.

ColtsFan1912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I've wondered that too. I really dont know.

ColtsFan1912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I'm kinda like that too

Though most my dreams are of horrible things that come true, like the loss of the Columbia (the space shuttle), the tsunami that hit Japan.. .not pleasant stuff.

Quoting louzannalady:

I have dreams, then have deja vu, that is my dream happening in real life days or even months later. Obscure things. Wish I could dream up the lotto numbers! LOL! (It's gambling if you know the results! Te-he!) I am not sure why it happens. I am sure it has some important nuerological purpose, though.

louzannalady
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

My great aunt has dreams, that come true, too. But, they are about people around her. And, it is never anything good news. It is always something bad. : ( She used to warn people, but has had some less than pleasant experiences with that, so she doesn't anymore. She once had a dream that her and her husband were in the top floor of a local hotel and the roof was blown off by a tornado. Later that week, he surprised her by driving to that hotel after her took her to dinner. She told him the dream. He just turned the car on and drove him, because he knew she was right, even though they were not under any weather advisories. Sure enough. That night, there was a tornado and it ripped the top two floors of the hotel off. 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I'm kinda like that too

Though most my dreams are of horrible things that come true, like the loss of the Columbia (the space shuttle), the tsunami that hit Japan.. .not pleasant stuff.

Quoting louzannalady:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

ColtsFan1912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

wow

yeah it's definitely not fun.  I'll usually dream it, & it doesn't make sense but the next day or two it will

I dreamed of the tsaumi that night though, woke up to see Japan underwater. It was. . .surreal.

Quoting louzannalady:

My great aunt has dreams, that come true, too. But, they are about people around her. And, it is never anything good news. It is always something bad. : ( She used to warn people, but has had some less than pleasant experiences with that, so she doesn't anymore. She once had a dream that her and her husband were in the top floor of a local hotel and the roof was blown off by a tornado. Later that week, he surprised her by driving to that hotel after her took her to dinner. She told him the dream. He just turned the car on and drove him, because he knew she was right, even though they were not under any weather advisories. Sure enough. That night, there was a tornado and it ripped the top two floors of the hotel off. 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I'm kinda like that too

Quoting louzannalady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)