Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am glad to see at least someone gives a shit about how their children act around here!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I just got a knock on the door, and it was a father and his son, with 2 of his sons friends that play together all the time. Their mother (the other 2 boys) is deaf and has a job plus school so she isn't around that much, so he kind of looks after them, since they play with his son.

He is making his son walk around to all the apartments in my complex and knock on the doors, if someone answers he has a little speech for him to say, kinda went something like this:

My name is **** and I got in trouble for misbehaving and being disrespectful to the people who live around me. If you see me misbehaving again, please let my father know, and then he gave his fathers phone number and their apartment number. Then he apologized to me.

I am so glad to see that someone around here actually wants to teach their child to be respectful and actually cares about their kid enough to want them to do better and be a better person.

I had to tell him that I was glad to see he actually cared, unlike ANY of the other parents of the children who live around here. It is ridiculous, I have witnessed a 5 year old little boy knock on my neighbors door upstairs and tell her to come outside and "suck his ****" I was disgusted, and then in the same day the same little boy and his brother were running around kicking people screen doors, they kicked mine so I went outside and told them to stop or I was going to go tell their mother (not that she would care...found that out very quickly) and this same kid told me to "shut the fuck up or he was going to come kick my ass then called me a bitch and ran off.

I don't allow my children to play outside over here! The playground is full of little kids who cuss, fight, and pick on other kids on a daily basis. I swear there is a fight at least 3 times a week and I am not talking about teenagers I am talking about little kids, like 10 and under. There are NO adults around, no one around here watches their kids, they just let them run around and don't give a shit what they do, even when you go tell them what their children are doing, they just say ok and shut the door.

Then there are teenagers who sit at the playground and cuss, drink, smoke weed, with children around like it is no big deal. I hate living here and I can't wait to move!

I am just glad to see that someone around here actually cares enough about their child to realize what is going on and try to change their behavior.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I bet he is on his best behavior for quite a while :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryGirl0809
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally that was stupid on his dads part for just telling everyone where his kid lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM
10 moms liked this

How embarrassing for that poor boy. :( And how stupid, considering he probably knocked on at least one child molester's door that now knows his son's name and father's phone number "I will call your father if you don't listen to me.. come here.."...

All kids misbehave from time to time.

CountryGirl0809
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! Pretty stupid for the dad to do that.

Quoting randomosityblog:

How embarrassing for that poor boy. :( And how stupid, considering he probably knocked on at least one child molester's door that now knows his son's name and father's phone number "I will call your father if you don't listen to me.. come here.."...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I bet he will be too!

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

emeraldangel20
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM
7 moms liked this

i dont agree with humiliation as a punishment

randomosityblog
1 mom liked this

Or he will just get sneakier about it.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

I bet he will be too!

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

angeleyes16
1 mom liked this

That's a really good punishment!

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM

He was going for the emberrasment factor, and this isn't a little kid he is a teenager

Not everyone is going to agree with what he did, but I do, and if it works for him then more power to him.

Quoting randomosityblog:

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:38 PM

That is wonderful. Unlike the woman I saw at the store today. Bought her son( I assume it was her son) a yo-yo and they were right in front of DD and I...We got to the parking lot and the kid is hanging off the cart throwing the yo-yo... He threw it across the parking lot(so could have hit a car) and the mom was like well I'm not getting it you better stop your sh*t..... He started whining like an infant and jumps in the car(no carseat mind you) and there's the mom pulling out NOTHING but a large case of beer. IDK I hate when people don't care how their kids act.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)