Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so stupid right now. :(

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

I was giving my 2 yr old breast milk to help him get better since he has been sick, and it seems to be helping with his cold. But I noticed he has a bad case of the runs. My stupid self gave him breast milk after I had been drinking regular milk. He is lactose intolerant. He can tolerate the small amount of lactose in breast milk as long as I am on a lactose free diet, but I have been drinking a lot of milk the past few days. His poor tummy is so tore up right now.

I feel like shit.

Definitely not getting a "Mommy of the Year" award now.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paaepae
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:55 PM

bump, someone tell me I am not a horrible mommy

momma-flynn
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Awww don't beat yourself up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BettyBlythe
You're not horrible! It's hard to remember things like that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
Aww it's ok. Don't feel bad. He will feel better soon :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejbljb
Aww. You were just trying to help :(. I almost gave my peanut allergic son chocolate peanut butter ice cream. We had just discovered the allergy and I wasn't even thinking. I felt like a complete idiot.
PinkyPan
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

You are not a horrible Mommy! You were trying to comfort and tend to your child. Do not beat yourself up. Hugs.

huntersmama711
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM
You're not a horrible mom. We all make mistakes and you figured out before it got worse. Hope your little guy feels better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM

You are horrible for the green suit he has on in the avatar but the milk?No,you were just trying to help him get better.Sometimes when our kids are sick,we don't think things through!

hippiechic980
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM
You didn't mean to momma...Hope he feels better soon. And here a **HUG** for you:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paaepae
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM

The avatar is my 5mth old DD, wearing her green sleeper (came in a gerber 3pk). Poor girl is almost bald, LOL.

Quoting laranadtony:

You are horrible for the green suit he has on in the avatar but the milk?No,you were just trying to help him get better.Sometimes when our kids are sick,we don't think things through!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)