• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE GRAPHIC!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM
  • 64 Replies

I want to hear your AFTER childbirth story... I have NO idea what to expect in terms of my body directly after, for a few days after and for the first few months after childbirth. 

Incase you can relate to me personally, here is some information about me:

My husband will start perineal massaging in the 34th week, it is my first baby, I have a fairly small vagina ( hey, details make for better understanding!) im in my early 20's and so far my baby is perfectly healthy. I was born at 5 pounds, DH was 9 pounds ( and is still a giant ) we are having a baby girl who is a tiiiny bit on the big side.  I have had a good pregnancy, i have lost alot of weight and am still 10 pounds below my prepregnancy weight but the baby is happy and healthy and I am helthy too, i havent gotten any marks on my skin ( stretch marks, veins, etc) and am carrying very small, i still sleep on my stomach and havent started any swelling yet. She is a super duper active baby. My mom and grandmother gave birth at between 36 and 38 weeks ( 5 kids total) and all of them had easy ( fairly mild pain ) and quick ( longest was 8 hours) experiences... 

I know things are not certain but would like to hear some of your stories if you dont mind sharing!! 

update: Tx for replies so far, what im more interested in too is how long did you ladies bleed for afterwards? did you get your perdiods soon after? that kind of thing?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
3 moms liked this

lmao @ small vagina. Not for long. ;)

Good luck! Everyone is different so I can't tell you what to expect.

nicsmama09
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
After birth..
um I had to be cut during so I was in a tion of a pain from that.. My babe was 8.10 but his head was 14 '' so, thats why I needed cut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Your vagina will accomidate the birth  of your baby.Your vagina has a amazing ability to stretch...

rec104
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM
After birth ? I tore, had s 2nd degree tear, but I wasn't cut ! :-/ I did heal up fine, no infections DS was 8.7 pounds with a huge head
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO mama you are on one tonight aren't you.. But I agree... 

Quoting randomosityblog:

lmao @ small vagina. Not for long. ;)

Good luck! Everyone is different so I can't tell you what to expect.

jigsaw ribbon

Embers88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I didn't need to be cut because I had done the massages, so I didn't have to deal with that. I bled for a loooong time after birth... about a month. I didn't have stretch marks except for a few on the hip area. It's been 3 years since I gave birth and they have disappeared. 

As far as my body goes... lol... I remember looking in the mirror the day after birth and CRYING. My stomach looked like a deflated balloon. It only took a few days for that to go away, and another few months for me to get back to a semi-normal size. I don't think I'll ever get back to pre pregnancy weight because my body changed. But I'm okay with that... I wouldn't choose to be 113lbs again. My new normal is 123.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol @small vagina..., I think *most* females don't have a gapping hole down there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Lol @small vagina...most ppl do, I think *most* don't have a gapping hole down there.

And those that do probably still think they have a small vagina. lmao

jess227ny
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
DS 1 was 9.02 lbs I had a slight laceration. Ds2 was 9 15 lbs and nothing. Let your body do what it's meant to do....the more intervention etc the more possibility for rip, tears. Push with your body not because someone is telling you to. You can use a warm washcloth with coconut oil to place on perenium while about to crown, crowning to help with tearing ....I'm NAK so you can google what I'm talking about...lol.sorry...congrat :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
potgieter
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

lol :) that is true, but there are different sizes! :D

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Lol @small vagina...most ppl do, I think *most* don't have a gapping hole down there.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)