• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

My boyfriend is a truck driver and right now he is driving across Wiscosin. He got a text message from his bank stating his account had a negative balance, but he hasn't used the account since yesterday. So I logged into his online account and it was showing $102 in the negative. After investigating the recent charges, I found that his account has been charged in the last hour $56.02 twice at a Dollar General in North Carolina. (We live in Ohio).  I was looking for a customer care center phone number and when I went back to his account page there was 2 more charges, this time at a food lion in the same town of North Carolina. The two charges for food lion are for different amounts. All together his account is $210 in the red...

Both the ATM card and Debit card are accounted for and there has never been any paper checks to this account..

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wodntulk2kno1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
have him call the bank for fraud activity
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Weird, really weird. Call the bank fraud #.

RoseWall
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM

call the bank asap.

lhernandez7208
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Does he have his cards w him?
I've heard off ppl scanning the cards when you pay at a restaurant and then duplicating the card....its fkd up you can't use your card w ease anymore cause you might get robbed. Gluck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM
That happened to me. I had to fill put a fraud form and the bank put the money back. Cancel the card immediately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

He just got off the phone with the bank.. We now have a fraud alert on his account and his debit card number has been canceled. The bank said that someone somehow got his card number and made a new card.  We are looking for a phone number to contact the North Carolina police now to file a report.

Good news is the bank is crediting the account the amount of the charges. I am so glad we caught this so early. All the transactions were still showing as pending and nothing final..

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Quoting lhernandez7208:

Does he have his cards w him?
I've heard off ppl scanning the cards when you pay at a restaurant and then duplicating the card....its fkd up you can't use your card w ease anymore cause you might get robbed. Gluck

He has the debit card in his wallet and I have the atm card in my back pocket. That is the first thing I thought of was that one of the cards were stolen.

wodntulk2kno1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM
banks are usually really good with that. its now just sucks if he needed his card to use. I hate theifs this happened to me before and the bank called me that night and told me about it! I never carry cash so it was a bit inconvenient for a few weeks! but thank god it was caught!

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

He just got off the phone with the bank.. We now have a fraud alert on his account and his debit card number has been canceled. The bank said that someone somehow got his card number and made a new card.  We are looking for a phone number to contact the North Carolina police now to file a report.

Good news is the bank is crediting the account the amount of the charges. I am so glad we caught this so early. All the transactions were still showing as pending and nothing final..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)