Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It is against the law to lose your kid or someone else's kid in the mall!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
  • 54 Replies

Columbus police: 18-year-old charged after losing nephew in mall

- ariquelmy@ledger-enquirer.com

Columbus police charged a Columbus man Saturday night after he lost his 2-year-old nephew at Peachtree Mall.

Travis Demarco Phillips, 18, is charged with one count of reckless conduct, reports state.

According to reports, Phillips lost his 2-year-old nephew at the Manchester Expressway mall. The child was missing for about an hour before some strangers spotted him and took the boy to an officer. The officer cared for the child for about 40 minutes before Phillips was contacted.

The officer then charged Phillips, reports state.

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/02/08/1924785/columbus-police-18-year-old-charged.html#storylink=cpy

Duh!He should have known his ass was going to jail.

My priorities:Husband,family,cafemom,facebook!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M3Love
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Well it doesn't sound like he was actively looking for him. 2 hours is too long not to notify someone. 40 minutes after contacting him he came to get his nephew? That's ridiculous. If someone loses a child in a public place and seeks out help ASAP and is available every second to take a call from someone would not be in the same situation, I'm assuming.

randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Hmm.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:43 AM

BUMP!

Nyx7
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Who the hell lets an 18 yr old male take a 2 yr old to the mall in the 1st place!?

3greatkids751
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Heyyy I used to love going to that Mall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:45 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Nyx7:

Who the hell lets an 18 yr old male take a 2 yr old to the mall in the 1st place!?

Huh?  an 18 year old can shoot a machine gun in a time of war and not be trusted to watch a 2 year old?

My 15 year old watches his youngerbrother after school and does a great job. Homework done, dinner made the whole works! Not all 18 year olds (and not all boys) are irresponsible.

cryssi_renee
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Maybe I'm missing something.  It doesn't say anywhere in this article that he didn't go to authorities right away.  It just says the little boy was lost for an hour.  It also says they did not contact him until they had the little boy for 40 minutes. I don't know if that means they couldn't find the man or they just didn't contact him all that time. I would need more information before I could say he should have been arrested. 

mama2beautiesnb
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM
this

Quoting cryssi_renee:

Maybe I'm missing something.  It doesn't say anywhere in this article that he didn't go to authorities right away.  It just says the little boy was lost for an hour.  It also says they did not contact him until they had the little boy for 40 minutes. I don't know if that means they couldn't find the man or they just didn't contact him all that time. I would need more information before I could say he should have been arrested. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reese1206
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I agree

Quoting cryssi_renee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AFWifeNMom
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Umm i was 16 and a nanny for a family of 3, ages 6mo, 2 and 3

Quoting Nyx7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)