Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop whining!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM
  • 47 Replies

I was never a romantic. Ever. But when I got with my SO 3 years ago, she changed that. Well, it took a while.. I finally came around to the idea of romance and started to love it. Then, she left. Unexpectedly and for basically no reason at all, which I feel is bullshit, so though we are back together it is hard for me to get into the romance thing again. I'm not talking having sex, blah blah blah, I'm talking Valentine's Day. I am not sure what to get her. I used to be over the top and all lovey dovey because that's what she wants/likes, but I'm lacking inspiration... any suggestions? :(

You've got questions? We've got answers.

Join the Money Making Bloggers Group!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

BUMP!

sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I'll give you a bump because I need some inspiration too....me and dh are struggling right now so I'm not really motivated to do anything for him,. 

randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Quoting sweetcherry_59:

I'll give you a bump because I need some inspiration too....me and dh are struggling right now so I'm not really motivated to do anything for him,. 

:( I feel bad because we *are* back together and she *is* trying to make up for being a douche.. but that doesn't really FIX everything, kwim? I just can't get back into the swing of things, of how things were before.

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! I only to Valetines day for my daughter. 

randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Good luck! I only to Valetines day for my daughter. 

I'm getting the girls a stuffed animal and maybe a chocolate rose. :) Just not sure how much I should get for Rach. :/

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe since you just got back together with her, go back to the basics? Ya know, cook a dinner for her, pick out a mushy movie you both like and snuggle on the couch....just enjoy each other.

sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting sweetcherry_59:

:( I feel bad because we *are* back together and she *is* trying to make up for being a douche.. but that doesn't really FIX everything, kwim? I just can't get back into the swing of things, of how things were before.

After what you went through it's not like "I'm sorry" will automatically make it better. It's gonna take time for you to completly forgive and get that romance back. You should try to do something sweet for her though, to show her you appreciate her trying to fix things. 

DH hasn't been the most appreciative or supportive lately and I'm getting really sick of busting my ass all the time without so much as a thank you...I don't know if I even want to acknowledge v-day in my house. 

Have you looked in pintrest? I saw the cutest craft using a deck of cards...I think it was called54  ways I love you.  

Embers88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Yeah... I'd have trouble finding inspiration if my dh left for no reason too! I'd STILL be pissed.

I wish I could help, but I'm not romantic at all! lol... and neither is dh. 

asistartomosh
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Scavenger hunt. It dont all have to be about love. Mix it up. Fun silly. Just little things to let her know you still love/ care. Im sur e whatever you come up with she will love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Quoting Embers88:

Yeah... I'd have trouble finding inspiration if my dh left for no reason too! I'd STILL be pissed.

I wish I could help, but I'm not romantic at all! lol... and neither is dh. 

I wish I wasn't still pissed. But I am. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)