• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids getting MRIs

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

Anyone have a small child that has ever had to get an MRI? My 22 month old has congenital scoliosis and has to get a MRI done in the next few weeks and they are going to have to sedate her.. Anyone know how long it takes and what exactly goes on? LOL oddly the only thing I know about it is what I saw on Teen Mom 2 when Leah had to take her daughter to get one done and let me tell you I CRIIIEEEDDD like a baby that whole episode because of it so I know it will be a tough day for me.. I just want to prepare myself for it as much as possible..

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
anon421
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM

DD had a MRI at 2 and they put her to sleep. I was worried but  everything was ok. They made DD drink something and then they put the medicine through her veins. She was out in less than 5 mins and when she woke up she was a bit drowsy but 30 mins later she was fine.

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM

How long did the whole thing take? was she allowed to eat before?

Quoting anon421:

DD had a MRI at 2 and they put her to sleep. I was worried but  everything was ok. They made DD drink something and then they put the medicine through her veins. She was out in less than 5 mins and when she woke up she was a bit drowsy but 30 mins later she was fine.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM
About 45 min for the scan
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon421
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

How long did the whole thing take? was she allowed to eat before?

Quoting anon421:

No she was not allowed to eat anything from 12am the night before, and the whole thing took about 3 hours. Our appointment was at 8am and we left there about 12pm.But we had paperwork to fill out, the nurse had to explain the procedure and then they make sure the baby is awake before letting you go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)