Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help diagnose my dd.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM
  • 40 Replies
We went to the dr on Monday because my dd is having bilateral upper leg pain. She could hardly walk. They did X-rays from her chest to her legs and a lot of bloodwork. Still can't find what is causing the pain. They admitted her to the hospital for the night but released her yesterday because labs came back fine. She is still having the pain. We go back for a followup tomorrow morning. I guess more testing is to come. Any ideas? I know most here arent medical professionals but I need ideas. Please and thanks in advance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebeingmrs
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I know when my son is having pains in legs he is growing. I was the same way, so they could be growing pains.
Hope nothing serious is wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Growing pains? When I was little, my legs hurt so bad one day, I couldnt walk. Hope she feels better soon!

How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M3Love
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM

A friend of mine has hip dysplasia, which is usually diagnosed when kids are very young, but she somehow slipped through the cracks. Had to get some pins in her hip and walks with a limp but she is SO strong. It could really be anything, I wouldn't worry until the doctors do. She could have just pulled a muscle or something weird that won't show up on xrays.

Love.My.Soldier
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM
She is 9. I thought growing pains at first also. The pain started on Saturday morning. She woke up and could hardly walk. She is not a complainer so I know it was bad when she couldn't even bend down to tie her shoes.

Quoting nancym3:

Growing pains? When I was little, my legs hurt so bad one day, I couldnt walk. Hope she feels better soon!

How old is she?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love.My.Soldier
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM
They did X-rays of her hips and said they were fine. The doctors were really worried at first that it was cancer but her labs were normal thank goodness!!!

Quoting M3Love:

A friend of mine has hip dysplasia, which is usually diagnosed when kids are very young, but she somehow slipped through the cracks. Had to get some pins in her hip and walks with a limp but she is SO strong. It could really be anything, I wouldn't worry until the doctors do. She could have just pulled a muscle or something weird that won't show up on xrays.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I was 8 or 9 when it happened to me, but mine was below my knees. Hopefully, they'll figure something out!

Quoting Love.My.Soldier:

She is 9. I thought growing pains at first also. The pain started on Saturday morning. She woke up and could hardly walk. She is not a complainer so I know it was bad when she couldn't even bend down to tie her shoes.

Quoting nancym3:

How old is she?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebeingmrs
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM
She is hitting puberty maybe? Before my first period my legs killed me! I could hardly walk. I still have bad pains in my legs when I get my period.

Quoting Love.My.Soldier:

Quoting nancym3:

How old is she?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waffa
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I had growing pains so bad I couldn't walk for days at a time. Not saying that is her issue as I am not a Dr nor have I seen any of her tests, BUT try these things:

tons of calcium (milk or cheese, not fake processed American slices but REAL cheese from the deli)

tons of potassium (bannanas etc)

big glass of water with her when she goes to bed, idk if she pees the bed but hydration helps

excersice of any kind that involves her legs (bike ride, running, walking the dog, whatever)

if none of that helps, see about taking her to a chiropractor as it could be a pinched nerve in her back, not likely if she is a child though

TatorsMommy2205
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM

What type of activities does she do? Does she play any sports or jump on a trampoline? Could it be a pulled muscle or pinched nerve?

Love.My.Soldier
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Was the pain in your upper legs? That's where her pain is. And it goes down to her knees. She is walking better now but can't put any pressure on her upper legs. She has no signs of hitting puberty yet. She is asthmatic and underweight if that makes any difference.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

She is hitting puberty maybe? Before my first period my legs killed me! I could hardly walk. I still have bad pains in my legs when I get my period.

Quoting Love.My.Soldier:

Quoting nancym3:

How old is she?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)