Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 MLs of amoxicillian?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

The ENT called in an RX for my 1 year old on Monday. I picked it up this afternoon. I was reading the label and its says to give her 12mls once a day for 10 days. That seems like a lot at one time. She is only 24 pounds. I am calling the ENT in the morning but does anyone else think that its a lot? 

DanielleStanfieldPhotography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TheMrs407
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

It's less than half an ounce.  I am pretty sure DD was on a similar dose a while back (also one year), she's under 20lbs.

mom2ljh
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Usually its given 2-3 times a day. My son took 5mL three times a day, so 12mL once a day would probably be right. I don't fault you for double checking though. I probably would too. You can also check with the pharmacist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Makenseysmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Thanks ladies. I guess I am just used to the 5ml dosing so 12mls was freaking me out a bit.  : )

ashiilolo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM
My DD 19 months just got over it. 22 lbs here. She was taking 7ml of Ammox.
jillw520
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM
If your unsure call & check. CVS gave me a prescription for my son which said 2 teaspoons (10ml). They were out of the medication & only gave me one days worth. The following day that they went to fill it they realized they made an error and it should of been only 2ml! Thank god it was for reflux and was Zantac. After calling the doctor, she called poison control, we found out he'd be fine.
I learned the hard way, get the prescription amount from the doctor. Don't trust the pharmacy.
PookaboosMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM
At leasr with ammoxicilian all it would do is give her the poops if she got too much. Dh told me this because his dd got into the fridge and drank a whole full bottle when she was 2.5 because she liked the taste, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)