Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really need some advice

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM
  • 24 Replies
I don't know what my issue is,but I'm pretty sure it's depression. I feel like all I ever do is yell at my kids. I don't know what to do! I don't have insurance so I can't see a therapist. If I go to a doctor will they actually prescribe me something or will they make me see a therapist first? How much does some of the depression meds cost without insurance?
I just can't stand how I feel everyday. Its a constant feeling of annoyance and not wanting to be around anyone, including my kids. They spend most the day playing in their rooms.
I really just need some help

Also... looking for input on different depression meds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
depressed.mama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AFWifeNMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM
:( I'm sorry momma! I don't know the answer to your question.

((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
depressed.mama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Thank you! I'm sure I'll get bashed so I really appreciate your comment

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

:( I'm sorry momma! I don't know the answer to your question.

((Hugs))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
depressed.mama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I went to my regular doctor and she prescribed an antidepressant I have never been to a therapist although that would probably help things. It depends on which ones, talk to your doc and explain before hand cost xoncerns
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
depressed.mama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM
What were you on? Did it help?

Quoting JJJMommyKris:

I went to my regular doctor and she prescribed an antidepressant I have never been to a therapist although that would probably help things. It depends on which ones, talk to your doc and explain before hand cost xoncerns

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KerryK
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM
The Dr can prescribe anti depressants, you don't have to see a therapist first. Some doctors may prefer that you do, but I'm sure that if you explained that you can't afford out the Dr would rather you have the meds than no help at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sharon300
by Sharon on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Wal mart has those 4 dollars prescriptions. When you go to the doctor, tell him you are on a budget with no insurance, he/she should be able to prescribe a medicine that you can get cheap from there. That is what my doctor does.Also some of the companys that make the medicine will give it to you free if you can show you cant afford it. I always got the form frm my doctor, but my cousin gets them off the internet.

Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Your primary care dr can prescribe you anti-depressants hun *hugs * best of luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)