• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 3 year old just slammed the dog's tail in the door

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 25 Replies

on purpose...I have no clue why she is so mean to him.  She is awful to the poor dog all the time.  She has gotten in more trouble over being mean to him than for anything else here recently.  I don't know if she is acting out because her baby sister is due soon, or if she is just being mean...I asked her if she would like it if the dog slammed her fingers in the door, and she said no, so I asked her why she slammed his tail.  She said she thought it would be funny.  I made her apologize to the dog, and made her sit in time out, but I don't know what else to do :(

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatumsmommy0123
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM

BUMP!

sweet.lil.mama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Oh no, be careful, my sil dogs tail got stepped on and it was dislocated, the vet had to put it back in place :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Awww.... Poor dog! I am not there, yet. My son is only a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM

explain to her that the dog will have to go away if she cant be nice to it, bc he doesnt deserve being abused. then stick with it, for the sake of the poor dog.

do you show her how to "be nice" or just get on to her when shes mean to it?

Tatumsmommy0123
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I checked it, and luckily she didn't do any damage...he was just scared for a while :(

proudmommy92
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter (26 months) picks up our cat and throws him (not hard, about 2 feet away) she laughs her ass off. Poor guy :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myfairbambi
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

This is a tough one. Beyond explaining that the dog has feelings just like humans or separating them, I can't think of anything else you could do. ): Hopefully it's something she'll grow out of, because she is quite young and probably doesn't understand just yet.

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

when i opened the post and saw your gif, it seemed like you were calling her a slut.

:o\

then i realized it was just your siggy. all that went through my head in like a fraction of a second. lol

Tatumsmommy0123
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM

She knows how to be nice, she just chooses not to be.  She is almost 4, and has never mistreated an animal until now :-/  That's why I think she may just be showing out because she knows it's almost time for me to have the new baby.  

Quoting dmarie2101:

explain to her that the dog will have to go away if she cant be nice to it, bc he doesnt deserve being abused. then stick with it, for the sake of the poor dog.

do you show her how to "be nice" or just get on to her when shes mean to it?

smurfbitebug
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I yell at my dog a lot (or use a stern, no nonsense voice), therefore DD does the same.

I pop him on the butt and nose, therefore DD tries to do the same.

She is always telling him "no"

Think about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)