• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do kids have a 6th sense?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
Do they pick up on our emotions as their mom? My dear daughter is 15 months old. Lately I've been stressed with our living situation and trying to get us out of it. My dear husband had been away for work for 2 weeks to help us have moving expenses. My dear daughter has been screaming at me a lot, acting out in public, things she's never done before. She's pulled back my laptop screen trying to get my attention. She throws a fit when I tell her no. Is she trying to help me relax? It's making me more stressed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Yes, last Summer when we were getting ready to leave our house and go to Wal-Mart. My dd got in the back seat and said she felt like something bad was going to happen and the feeling made her feel nauseated. On our way to Wal-Mart we had to detour because of a horrible wreck on the main road.

kzuehlk
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I think they do. My 2 year old son picks up on any little change in my mood. Whenever I'm sick, that boy will lay in bed and cuddle with me all day. He knows I'm not up to chasing him around and he does his best to behave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:10 AM

yes children pick up on your energies.

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Children have a lot more than we do. They haven't been taught its wrong or crazy to feel what's going on around them.

My DD talks to her daddy in Heaven often. She asked me one morning how my leg felt...so confused I asked what do you mean? She said...when it's cold your knee hurts...from when you crash your motorcycle like my daddy."

There is absolutely no way she would have known that. She may have picked up on what happened to daddy (though we made a conscience effort to ny discuss it around her) but there is no way she would have known about my accident. It was 7 years ago and I NEVER even think about it or talk about it...

There are other instances but that is just one example.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)