• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CRIMINAL CHARGES..FINALLY (mom who forcefed/abused her child)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.wnem.com/story/16696952/criminal-charges-to-be-filed-against-mom-in-child-feeding-video

SANILAC COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

Just a few days after WNEM.com published a story about a child seen on video being force fed, authorities say they are moving to file charges against his mother.

The YouTube video shows a kid screaming as his mother puts spoonfuls of food in his mouth.

A detective with the Sanilac County Sheriff's Department said the boy was 2 years old at the time the video was shot. He said a relative shot the video.

The Sanilac County prosecutor told TV5 he plans to file fourth-degree child abuse and domestic violence against a child charges. Those charges are expected to be filed either late Tuesday or sometime Wednesday.

"When I got a chance to witness the video, I was appalled," said Vera Harrison on Friday, Director of the CAN Council Child Abuse and Prevention.

If the mother is found guilty on the child abuse charge, she could be sentenced to between one and five years of probation. If she's found guilty on the domestic violence charge, she could get up to 93 days in jail or a $500 fine.

YOU CAN WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP IN ITS ENTIRETY AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Copyright WNEM 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Was not sure i this had been posted yet or not, but just wanted to post it again. Im soo happy someone decided to do something about it, and that she gets the maximum charge!!!! I am soo proud of her brother Damien, he is such a blessing for those 3 kids in that home!!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM

BUMP!

egrzesik91
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Sadly. the probation sounds harsher and would help her more. $500 fine, that's it? And 93 days in jail is bullshit. She needs constant supervision when she is with her kids. Obviously someone saw her abuse the child before if they were suspicious enough to tape her doing it. 

Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Quoting egrzesik91:

Sadly. the probation sounds harsher and would help her more. $500 fine, that's it? And 93 days in jail is bullshit. She needs constant supervision when she is with her kids. Obviously someone saw her abuse the child before if they were suspicious enough to tape her doing it. 

You're right. Thats what I was thinking as well. But I bet they will file more charges. And itll be in the system. She will lose the kids.

jnttd
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I agree. I think she needs parenting classes and supervised visits for quite a while. And I think she should get as many days in jail AND years of probation as possible.

Quoting egrzesik91:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smr2226
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Thanks for posting this.  I'm glad to know this is happening!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)