Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BFF drama. Help!!! *long

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 31 Replies

So my best friend, let's call him A. You read that right, HIM. LOL Anyways...A and I have been best friends for 10 years. He is more like a brother to me than anything. In the last year A has become serious with this woman-K. I have nothiced that since they have started their relationship, A has become more distant. We haven't hung out or really anything. I just chalked it up to them needing to spend time together as a couple-Which I completely understand.

Tonight I sent him a text message because I found season 1&2 of my favorite tv show on dvd at Target for 15 bucks, and I was really excited. LOL we made small talk for a bit then he sends me this big long message about why he has been distant. Well, come to find out, K is questioning my intentions in our friendship. She gets very uncomfortable with any type of flirting. Which I can see her point. BUT this is the reason why he is avoiding me?? Why couldn't he have told me this sooner? I told him that him avoiding me has hurt me more than anything.

He just sent me a text asking me what I want from or friendship. Sigh. I don't know what to do. I am so hurt. Well, if you made it this far, thanks. I just need to get this sorted out.

And on a side note, there is waaaaay more to the story of how they got together. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but please don't bash me. :(

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amyrw
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
What did you tell him your intentions were? If you just want to be friends then I don't see where there should be a problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I totally understand. My BFF is also a guy. These things come up a lot. People don't always think a man and woman can be platonic friends. Have you hung out with her and him? Does she know you? I have always found out that the more I was around the g/fs, they see I am not competition. If we were supposed to be together, would we not have been by now? I mean really...don't know what to tell you but try to get to know her...let her get to know you and see your friendship in action. She's insecure. You threaten her. I would never stay with someone who wouldn't accept my BFF. He's been through far too much with me, couldn't just drop him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoehopemama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I told him that I want us to be friends, nothing more. I have never once even thought of him as anything other then a friend.
zoehopemama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I'm glad you can relate! We have all hung out several times together. I think she also forgets the fact that I am happily married!! And like you said, if him and I were meant to be together, we would have been long ago.

Quoting michiganmom5150:

I totally understand. My BFF is also a guy. These things come up a lot. People don't always think a man and woman can be platonic friends. Have you hung out with her and him? Does she know you? I have always found out that the more I was around the g/fs, they see I am not competition. If we were supposed to be together, would we not have been by now? I mean really...don't know what to tell you but try to get to know her...let her get to know you and see your friendship in action. She's insecure. You threaten her. I would never stay with someone who wouldn't accept my BFF. He's been through far too much with me, couldn't just drop him.

randomosityblog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Uncomfortable with flirting? I would be, too.. do you guys flirt?

smurfbitebug
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM
He has a right to ask that question. She has a right to know as well.

Are you over the age of 22?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Well just answer the question. What do you want out of a friendship with him? Do you just want to be friends or do you want more than that?

zoehopemama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Quoting randomosityblog:

Not that I am aware of. But what is her definition of flirting? We don't smack each others asses, or talk dirty?? I don't show him my boobs, we aren't grabby with each other. ugh.

Katherine696997
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Quoting amyrw:

What did you tell him your intentions were? If you just want to be friends then I don't see where there should be a problem

lilmisfit
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

That's what I wanted to know...why is he questioning your attentions? He's known you for so long...shouldn't he know your intentions?

Quoting randomosityblog:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)