Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any customer service moms?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
  • 9 Replies

In June 2010, my ex added me to his plan for Verizon. The phone I started off with was the Palm Pixi that ended up breaking. In February 2011 I paid full price for a Droid Citrus after 3 months of using an old phone I had from years ago. Full price, close to $400 after getting screen protecters and a larger SD card. We broke up in April, and he got a new girlfriend. In June 2011, his new g/f was jealous and he and I had no communication. I'd go to the store and pay my half as always and go about my business. Anywho.. Jealousy got my phone shut off. I have been thinking about prepay. I dont like the phones they have for prepay and since I paid so much for a phone I really love, could I use this phone on prepay. Motorola Droid Citrus. Verizon has the $50 a month for unlimited talk, text and data. But not sure if I could. Thanks!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
grey7399
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM

you can ask version.  But I was told "no" at best buy & I was sooooo pissed off about it.  But that was a few years ago.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Ask Verizon and see what they say. 

teresa06
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
I dont see y u wouldnt be able to.... Jus call and ask or go in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aichia
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Generally yes as ling as the pre paid service supports your phone it just has to be flashed over to the new carrier. Avoid box retail stores like Worst Buy & Radio Shack they work on commission & only make a profit off the phones not setting up the new sevice contract.

Quoting grey7399:

you can ask version.  But I was told "no" at best buy & I was sooooo pissed off about it.  But that was a few years ago.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalYaris
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I just asked their online support and they said no =(

Quoting grey7399:

CrystalYaris
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Their online customer service said no because their prepay doesn't support androids... What a bunch of bull! It's a $50 a month prepay for unlimited data, text and calls. Why else wouldn't they support it? It's a phone designed for their service, just not a basic phone.

Quoting Aichia:

Generally yes as ling as the pre paid service supports your phone it just has to be flashed over to the new carrier. Avoid box retail stores like Worst Buy & Radio Shack they work on commission & only make a profit off the phones not setting up the new sevice contract.

Quoting grey7399:

Aichia
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Ah, sounds like they want the extra data package fee. Have you looked in to Cricket or Metro PCS? I know they will take any phone that there service covers

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Their online customer service said no because their prepay doesn't support androids... What a bunch of bull! It's a $50 a month prepay for unlimited data, text and calls. Why else wouldn't they support it? It's a phone designed for their service, just not a basic phone.

Quoting Aichia:

Quoting grey7399:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalYaris
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I looked into Boost Mobile. They are willing to take my phone if I can get it unlocked, which I can do for $20 by a guy at the phone repair store in down. We don't have Metro PCS here, and I haven't even thought about Cricket. I remember when Cricket didn't have that great of service (neither did Boost Mobile, but I've heard great things about them).

Quoting Aichia:

Ah, sounds like they want the extra data package fee. Have you looked in to Cricket or Metro PCS? I know they will take any phone that there service covers

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting Aichia:

Quoting grey7399:

CrystalYaris
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM

town.. not down lol in town

Quoting CrystalYaris:

I looked into Boost Mobile. They are willing to take my phone if I can get it unlocked, which I can do for $20 by a guy at the phone repair store in down. We don't have Metro PCS here, and I haven't even thought about Cricket. I remember when Cricket didn't have that great of service (neither did Boost Mobile, but I've heard great things about them).

Quoting Aichia:

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting Aichia:

Quoting grey7399:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)